Senior Business Analyst
At Franklin Templeton Investments, we are dedicated to delivering strong results and exceptional service to clients, team members and business partners. Over 9,000 employees working in 60 offices around the world are dedicated to servicing investment solutions for our clients in more than 150 countries. For over 65 years, our success has been a direct result of the talent, skills and persistence of our people, and we are looking for qualified candidates to join our team.
What is the Treasury Accounting team responsible for?
Treasury & Investment Accounting is part of FTS and our core services include Fund money movement; fund shareholder activity reporting & share reconciliation; cash reporting to Portfolio Managers and Traders; reconciliation of cash and assets for Transfer Agent, Fiduciary, Funds and Institutional Clients activity; outgoing payments and incoming cash identification; check replacement; shareholder activity foreign exchange; NAV Analysis; and Treasury Accounting system administration. What are the ongoing responsibilities of a Senior Business Analyst?
The Senior Business Analyst in conjunction with business/technical partners guides the project team in business process analysis and executes the gathering, elicitation and documentation of business requirements for medium size projects and production support. This may also include the documentation of strategic or discretionary level business cases, existing business process flows and testing scenarios. The documentation of these requirements is used by business and technology to understand the business problem.
Once approved by the business, the Senior Business Analyst works closely with technical staff and their application development team and with Testing Services by ensuring the business requirements are understood. A Senior Business Analyst leads small to medium size teams. They may also participate and/or lead project teams in integration and user acceptance testing to ensure the agreed upon solution matches the business requirements. They work under some supervision from their Manager, the project manager running the project or production support team. Requirements Planning
- Analyzes and identifies moderately complex and competing business requirements across business functions.
- Ensures requirements are fully scoped.
- Drives prioritization of project requirements.
- Develops requirements plans and schedules.
- Identifies subject matter expert resource projects.
- Liaisons between the business and technical teams to articulate business needs and system capabilities.
- Consults with teams and business leaders to collect business requirements.
- Publishes, distributes and ensures sign-off of the business requirement documents.
- Communicates with business partners using data and process models to clarify and validate requirements.
- Writes project documents (e.g., business cases, requirements, test cases, and cost benefits).
- Develops business data requirements in the form of business and data models. (i.e. leveraging Visio to document workflows).
- Assists with developing and implementing change plans.
- Participates in the creation of training plans to implement new skills.
- Manages changes to baseline requirements in order to meet project goals and deadlines.
Business Case Development
- Drives workflow analysis and other business process analysis to identify and clarify requirements.
- Conducts business process management analysis to meet business needs.
- Conducts current and future gap analysis.
- Evaluate organization and stakeholder change readiness.
- Identifies, manages and recommends business process management improvements.
- Interprets meaning and implications of business metrics, data and reports to achieve project goals.
- Calculates and interprets key business metrics (e.g., NPV, ROI) for review with project team.
- Gathers information to support the project team with interpreting financial tools and reports (e.g., profit and loss, CBA).
- Develops business benefits realization measures of business cases, with guidance when necessary.
- Translates solutions into action plans designed to achieve business goals.
- Develops innovative solutions to cross-functional moderately complex problems, taking into consideration day-to-day operating issues.
- Provides business support and service by researching user's issues.
- Works with the various technology teams to address business and technical issues.
- Participates in user group or technical meetings to identify and address on-going needs.
Qualifications What ideal qualifications, skills and experience would help someone to be successful? Education and experience:
- Coordinates implementation of changes to existing workflows or applications.
- Documents workflows and participates in walkthroughs.
- Reviews and/or prepares test plans, test cases and scripts for a small-medium sized projects.
- Performs user acceptance testing and helps with triage and clarification of issues uncovered in user acceptance testing for the application development teams.
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Min. bachelor's degree
- Proven experience as a SME, business/technical resource involving analysis on medium level projects, initiatives or production support efforts
- Experience with system development lifecycle methodology
- Experience with the application and user testing process
- Experience utilizing MS Office (e.g., Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Access & Project)
- Experience utilizing business metrics
- Mutual Fund/Financial Services experience is a plus
Problem solving and decision making:
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing, and to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with persons contacted in the course of performing assigned duties including Company management and outside business associates
- Strong attention to details
- Ability to interact with senior management on a regular basis
- Ability to work independently or with minimal supervision
- Analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills
- Ability to perform multiple tasks in a fast-paced, team environment
- Ability to work under pressure
- Knowledge of functional business unit systems and/or call center functionalities
- Intermediate knowledge of moderate business process modeling methodologies (i.e. lean, Six Sigma)
What makes Franklin Templeton Investments unique?
- Ability to work without direction; participating in determining objectives of assignment; planning, schedules and arranging own activities in accomplishing objectives; work is reviewed for adequacy in meeting objectives
- Ability to develop solutions to a variety of problems; ensuring solutions are consistent with organization objectives
- Applying knowledge learned through experience to be able to resolve non-routine and/or complex problems
In addition to the dynamic and professional environment at Franklin Templeton, we strive to ensure that our employees have access to a competitive and valuable set of Total Rewards -the mix of both monetary and non-monetary rewards provided to you in recognition for your time, talents, efforts, and results. Highlights of our benefits include:
- Possibility to develop your career in a Global environment
- Attractive location
- Benefit package: medical insurance, Life Insurance, Assistance Package, Employee Assistant Program, MultisportCard, Staff investment program
- Stable employment conditions
- Free gym in your office
- Friendly and supportive working environment
- Participation in international projects
- Possibility to lead or support Charity Events
We believe that being a good corporate citizen is good business. To us, corporate citizenship means being accountable, serving our clients, being an employer of choice, managing our environmental impact, and supporting our communities . An emphasis on corporate citizenship is embedded in our culture and values , and is an important element of how we achieve success. We are also committed to your learning and development with resources focused around
Experience, Exposure, and Education, to help you achieve your professional development goals. Take some time to, meet some of our people , and see what it means to say, "I AM Franklin Templeton".
Franklin Templeton Investments values diversity in its workforce and welcomes employees from different backgrounds, generations, capabilities, cultural identification, sexual orientations, and gender expression, in addition to other attributes that contribute to a truly diverse and inclusive community.