Senior Software Engineer - SFL Engineering
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB Structured Finance & Lending
(SFL) Engineering Team within Global Markets Division
(GMD) is responsible for designing, developing and supporting applications for Structured Lending Businesses and Clients. Our focus has been to create Structured Lending Platform
as part of the GS Marquee
strategy which covers a wide spectrum of asset classes such as Loans, Repurchase Agreements (Repos), Asset-Backed Securities and Derivatives. This role offers a unique opportunity to work with the Structured Lending businesses and Strats in GMD to deliver solutions using latest technology stack while learning finance. RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS Responsibilities:
- Design and implement large-scale backend infrastructure and APIs.
- Write high quality code that is robust, readable and scales.
- Recruit and develop engineers on the team, helping them advance in their careers.
- Scope and lead large technical projects with impact to our clients.
- Possess the drive to dive deep, thrive and progress even in ambiguous situations.
- Encourage and support knowledge sharing within team and external groups.
- Work in an agile environment focused on the most important deliverable for our clients.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field with 5+ years of work experience, or Masters' Degree with more than 3+ year work experience in Software Development.
- Strong Computer Science fundamentals in Data Structures, Algorithms, Complexity Analysis, Object-Oriented Design and Designing Large Scale Data-Intensive Applications.
- Excellent Analytical and Communication skills including experience speaking to technical and business audiences and working globally.
- 7+ years of hands-on experience in Python or Java
- 4+ years in NoSQL databases like MongoDB or ElasticSearch
- 3+ years in Caching technologies like Redis or Memcached
- 3+ years in Streaming technologies like Kafka or RabbitMQ
- 3+ years of experience in managing Software Engineers.
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
- Experience in Django, Tornado or Flask frameworks.
- Experience in ELK Stack (Elasticsearch, Logstash, Kibana) or Prometheus + Grafana
- Proficiency in Linux, Bash, JSON and SQL
- Knowledge of Credit products like corporate bonds/loans, credit default swaps, total return swaps is a plus
- Experience with Container technologies like Docker, Kubernetes
- Experience with cloud computing systems
- Networking including TCP, HTTP, DNS, SSL certificates
- Knowledge of Slang/SecDB is a plus (for internal candidates)
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2021. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity