We are one of the largest investment management organizations in the world, with over 1000 people working together to create long-term value.
The Investment Services Private Market and Finance Department is responsible for investment services for the private market and financial management across the GIC group. It is responsible for providing operations and reporting support to the private market business of GIC as well as budgeting, accounting, payment processing, cash management, tax and financial & management reporting services to all departments, corporate management companies and the global offices of the GIC group. It is involved in deal structuring and closing, transaction processing, administration and accounting of investment holding companies, review of financial controls for asset operations, cash & securities reconciliation, valuation and financial reporting for assets under management, and external debt financing.
We are looking for a suitable candidate to join our Corporate Accounting Division, your responsibilities include, Accounting operations & reporting functions:
- Accountable for the accounting operations and month-end closing activities that involves preparation of journal entries, reconciliation, intercompany settlement, preparation of reporting packages and analysis of accounting schedules.
- Work with external stakeholders that includes auditors, tax and accounting advisors and company secretary on audits, accounting operations or regulatory filings.
- Assist internal stakeholders in accounting issues and queries.
- Review financial controls for operations to effectively safeguard assets.
- Prepare statutory financial statements, trial balances and accounting schedules in accordance with relevant statutory requirements. Prepare external reporting requirements that includes country, state direct and indirect tax and statutory filings and ensure the GIC Corporate entities complies with regulations and accounting standards globally.
- Perform analysis and explain variances on the financial statements.
- Liaise with external auditors in annual statutory audit procedures to meet reporting timeline.
- Develop solutions to resolve accounting discrepancies and other financial issues.
- Lead initiatives to design, transform and innovate operational processes to meet business requirements.
- Work on system implementation to meet new accounting and business requirements.
- Minimum a Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance or equivalent professional qualification, with 3 to 5 years relevant experiences in corporate accounting function.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications and have practical working experience with Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems.
- A self-motivated and results-oriented individual with strong financial controls awareness and good technical knowledge.
- Highly-organised, results-driven, and capable of managing multiple priorities effectively.
- Independent, resourceful and able to work collaboratively with business stakeholders and finance colleagues.
- Detailed, diligent and hands-on individual with the capability to solve problems and propose solutions.
- A strong team player with excellent interpersonal, communication and analytical skills, who is keen to learn and pick up new challenges in a dynamic and fast paced environment.
- Prior experience and knowledge in SAP ERP system will be an added advantage.