DevOps / Middleware Engineer
Job Description: Roles and Responsibilities:
• Perform Middleware administrative duties, including installation, configuration, and patching, troubleshooting, and tuning Middleware software for Linux, Unix, and Windows Platform.
• Perform WebSphere, Tomcat, Java, IBM MQ, and application related troubleshooting with Application Development team, System Administrator, production support vendors and assist with problem resolution.
• Perform standby duty, monitor, and support Middleware requests to ensure that all critical items are addressed and the production environment is highly available as per the client's SLA.
• Analyze and review middleware system performance and makes recommendations for optimization.
• Participate in the upgrade/patching planning and execution of the Middleware software.
• Document Root Cause Analysis for all High Severity issues and present the same to clients.
• Perform Application release deployment and assist in Application troubleshooting with the Application development team.
• Prepare application and middleware deployment and verification checklist and operation document. Requirements:
• Must be a Singaporean citizen due to the nature of the client and project.
• Exposure to or experience in IBM WebSphere Web Server.
• Exposure to or experiences in WebSphere Web Server installation, configuration, and tuning.
• Exposure to or have experiences on Web Servers SSL Certificates renewal and tracking.
• Knowledge of support MQ, Perl/Shell scripting, Crystal Reports will be an added advantage.
• Good problem management, analytical, verbal and written communication skills, and an ability to deliver in high-pressure situations.