Devops / Production & Data engineer
- Singapore Singapore Singapore SG
- Permanent, Full time
- 16 Sep 18 2018-09-16
The DevOps & Production Data Engineer will be part of a multi-disciplined team defining and building data solutions working closely with the extended global team.
Role and responsibilities
The DevOps & Production Data Engineer will be part of a multi-disciplined team defining and building data solutions working closely with the extended global team. The DevOps & Production Data Engineer will work closely with a wide variety of teams to provide the following:
- Maintenance and upgrades
- Monitoring and proactive support
- Automation of BAU tasks to improve efficiency
- Troubleshoot Production issues and following a ‘Follow The Sun principle’ [EMEA/NAR/APAC].
- Contribute to Data Analytics
The DevOps & Production Data Engineer will also work with other teams to respond to incidents and resolve issues promptly, often under pressure, to restore normal services to the business. Therefore, the ability to be on call and provide support out of hours may be required.
Candidates must possess the aptitude and desire to learn new technologies and contribute ideas to technologies researched that may be of benefit to the department.
As this is a production support role, focusing across a range of different and mostly cutting-edge technologies, candidates must possess the aptitude and strong desire to learn and adapt when required.
Candidates must have a minimum of 5 years of experience in a similar role. He/she must be experienced in providing multi-disciplined technical support as part of a team, and have practical knowledge of performance and capacity management from a BigData perspective as well as strong aptitude for automation and Dev-OPS.
Production experience across the following:
- Strong working knowledge on Linux (RedHat/Ubuntu)
- Strong working knowing on Directory services (LDAP, AD, Centrify/Kerberos)
- ELASTICSEARCH & KAFKA
- Experience in installation, configuration, documentation and administration of multiple pre-productio and production platforms in both virtual and physical environments Desirable IT Skills
- Exposure to ANSIBLE/BITBUCKET-GIT/ARTIFACTOTY/DOCKER/KUBERNETES/ADDM (BMC)
- Familiar with standard change, releases, patching, incident management processes using tools such as ServiceNow Personal Attributes
- Strong problem solving skills
- Has the ability to work autonomously
- Good interpersonal skills and team player
- Client focused
- Attention to detail
- Strong aptitude and interest in technology
- High energy level coupled with a desire to take on responsibility
- Able to multi-task
- Experience working in international environments