- Driving a performance management process in order to enable the Asia Region CFO to effectively manage the region's financial objectives. Providing robust financial information support for Asia Region CEO / CFO.
- Assisting in the development and management of strategic business initiatives and coordinating the business plans and processes
- Facilitating effective communication with Asia countries PM team and Segment business finance to update on critical business initiatives.
- To collate market and competition information on the economy, market trends and any other relevant business related information
- Support the Asia Region CEO / CFO in developing, driving and coordinating a business strategy, and to actively support the strategy development and implementation.
- Closely monitor the development, implementation and performance of business issues and initiatives.
- Drive regular business review meetings and conduct proactive data analysis on all metrics, including monthly financials, budgets and follow through action items.
- Provide business planning, coordination, and project management support for Asia Region CEO / CFO
- Provide appropriate financial information to the CEO, Greater Bay Area, and help her/him manage the business
- Lead budget and forecast process, engaging with stakeholders and escalating identified risks and opportunities.
- Collaborate with Asia country's PM team to achieve financial objectives and deliver key strategic initiatives
- Provide insightful commentary on financial performance, including business variance analysis linking current performance with future projections, business momentum, risks and opportunities.
- Prepare materials for internal review and presentations such as Group MBR, Board meeting, Investors' trip etc
- Partner with Segment Business Finance to ensure that there is the necessary level of segment business updates and transparency.
- Cover management / Financial reporting to Group and Asia MT including preparation and review of budgets, forecasts, inputs to business strategies and cost management.
- Scan the wider external environment anticipating changes in rules and regulations and assessing their likely impact.
- Dissect competitor performance to understand industry trends
People and Talent
- Lead the five year strategic forecast and strategy which is used by the Board to determine financial targets and investment areas, particularly focussing on returns and internal/external measurements of performance.
- Define the country performance management framework / MBRs and advise the country CFOs and PM teams on the meeting agenda and focus
- Drive, track and manage Asia Finance costs to ensure we achieve targets.
- Lead through example and build the appropriate culture and valued behaviours. Set appropriate tone and expectations from their team and work in collaboration with risk and control partners.
- Set and monitor job descriptions and objectives for direct report and provide feedback and rewards in line with their performance against those responsibilities and objectives.
Lead on the drive for up-tiering and upskilling the ASIA Performance Management Function, in order to develop high performing teams for the future; inspire and engage people:
- Ensure the provision of ongoing training and development of people and ensure that holders of all crucial functions are suitably skilled and qualified for their roles ensuring that they have effective supervision in place to mitigate any risks.
- Responsibility to review team structure/capacity plans.
- Employ, engage and retain high quality people, with succession planning for critical roles.
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Control and allocate ASIA Risk Weighted Asset (RWA) capacity to all Branches and Subsidiaries across ASIA.
- Control and track headcount deployment and ensure each business/function stay committed to their commitments.
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Regional/Country CEO
- Regional/Country CFO
- Regional Management Team
- Regional Business and Function Heads
- Asia countries FP&A team
Role Specific Technical Competencies
- Qualified accountant or equivalent with significant experience in a variety of commercial and controller ship senior Finance roles in complex organizations.
- 10+ years of relevant, extensive knowledge and experience of FP&A in banking, in particular of the Asian markets, gained in senior Finance roles in complex international organizations
- Strong business partner, team player with a strategic mindset and a track record of securing the confidence and respect of the peers and stakeholders.
- A high degree of integrity and ability to influence and challenge the views and actions of others in a constructive manner, including C-suite stakeholders.
- Commercial acumen, with a sense of materiality and decision-making capability.
- Dynamic leader of teams who role models Bank's values and purposefully develops long term talent within the function.
- Able to multi-task, operate effectively under ambiguities, uncertainties and changing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong networking and interpersonal skills, forming positive working relationship in the multicultural environment.
About Standard Chartered
- Performance Management
- Stakeholder Holder management
- Financial Analysis
- Team Management
We're an international bank, nimble enough to act, big enough for impact. For more than 160 years, we've worked to make a positive difference for our clients, communities, and each other. We question the status quo, love a challenge, and enjoy finding new opportunities to grow and do better than before. If you're looking for a career with purpose and you want to work for a bank making a difference, we want to hear from you. You can count on us to celebrate your unique talents. And we can't wait to see the talents you can bring us.
Our purpose, to drive commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity, together with our brand promise, to be here for good are achieved by how we each live our valued behaviours. When you work with us, you'll see how we value difference and advocate inclusion. Together we:
In line with our Fair Pay Charter,
- Do the right thing and are assertive, challenge one another, and live with integrity, while putting the client at the heart of what we do
- Never settle, continuously striving to improve and innovate, keeping things simple and learning from doing well, and not so well
- Be better together, we can be ourselves, be inclusive, see more good in others, and work collectively to build for the long term
we offer a competitive salary and benefits to support your mental, physical, financial and social wellbeing.
Recruitment assessments -
- Core bank funding for retirement savings, medical and life insurance, with flexible and voluntary benefits available in some locations
- Time-off including annual, parental/maternity (20 weeks), sabbatical (12 weeks maximum) and volunteering leave (3 days), along with minimum global standards for annual and public holiday, which is combined to 30 days minimum
- Flexible working options based around home and office locations, with flexible working patterns
- Proactive wellbeing support through Unmind, a market-leading digital wellbeing platform, development courses for resilience and other human skills, global Employee Assistance Programme, sick leave, mental health first-aiders and all sorts of self-help toolkits
- A continuous learning culture to support your growth, with opportunities to reskill and upskill and access to physical, virtual and digital learning
- Being part of an inclusive and values driven organisation, one that embraces and celebrates our unique diversity, across our teams, business functions and geographies - everyone feels respected and can realise their full potential.
some of our roles use assessments to help us understand how suitable you are for the role you've applied to. If you are invited to take an assessment, this is great news. It means your application has progressed to an important stage of our recruitment process.
Visit our careers website www.sc.com/careers