- Manage the implementation of an effective credit assurance framework in regard to compliance to PRA Large Exposure regulatory requirements.
- Review the connected client's assessment undertaken by the business relationship manager to ensure compliance to regulatory requirements.
- Support in the development and maintenance of policies and standards. Conduct effectiveness review.
- Assist in guidance and training on Large Exposures and other credit policies.
- Document assurance plans and metrics.
- Provide support the remediation of any findings issued by regulators or auditors.
- Review and update other credit policies, Standards, Guidelines and FAQs as driven by market conditions, business strategy, regulatory requirements and for risk management.
- Engage and manage stakeholders in policy drafting, feedback, communication (quarterly updates, briefing calls) and providing response/solutions to queries.
- Coordinating the project working groups including managing multi-function stakeholders and contribute to the working group deliberations and actions including policy drafting, feedback, communication and providing response/solutions to issues.
- Supporting the effective implementation of process improvement and system enhancement projects.
- Perform other credit governance activities and other projects, as assigned.
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Obtain assurance regarding the effectiveness of the controls for Large exposure process and compliance with applicable laws & regulations.
- Ensure alignment of all applicable Credit Risk policies across the various Countries.
- Ensure communication and cascading of relevant aspects of Credit Policies to the Frontline and Credit Officers.
- Maintain a good understanding of the requirements of key external stakeholders in respect of risk management and ensure these are well understood internally and reflected in internal procedures.
- Responsible for ensuring effective Risk Governance.
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Support the Credit Policy team to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank's Conduct Principles Fair Outcomes for Clients, Effective Operation of Financial Markets, Financial Crime Prevention, The Right Environment.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
External Our Ideal Candidate
- Credit Approvers
- Relationship Managers / COO Office
- Enterprise Risk Management
- CCRO / Country Credit Governance teams
- Treasury Risk / Treasury Capital
- CIC Modelling
- Credit Risk Control (Middle Office)
- Credit Risk Infrastructure
- Traded Risk Management
- Operational Risk
- Model Strategy & Management
- Group Internal Audit
- Product Partners (e.g. TB/FM)
- Group Finance
Role Specific Technical Competencies
- 9+ years of experience in Credit Risk and/or large exposure or similar regulatory rules
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team , meet deadlines and manage multi tasks.
- Strong analytical, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Organized and self disciplined.
- Experience in compliance risk management within a consultancy or a regulator
- Strong report writing skills.
- Awareness and understanding of the regulatory framework in which the firm operates. Ability to interpret regulations, identify gaps and implement changes.
About Standard Chartered
- Credit Risk Management
- Regulatory framework applicable to credit risk
- Stakeholder Management
We're an international bank, nimble enough to act, big enough for impact. For more than 160 years, we've worked to make a positive difference for our clients, communities, and each other. We question the status quo, love a challenge and enjoy finding new opportunities to grow and do better than before. If you're looking for a career with purpose and you want to work for a bank making a difference, we want to hear from you. You can count on us to celebrate your unique talents. And we can't wait to see the talents you can bring us.
Our purpose, to drive commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity, together with our brand promise, to be here for good are achieved by how we each live our valued behaviours. When you work with us, you'll see how we value difference and advocate inclusion. Together we:
In line with our Fair Pay Charter,
- Do the right thing and are assertive, challenge one another, and live with integrity, while putting the client at the heart of what we do
- Never settle, continuously striving to improve and innovate, keeping things simple and learning from doing well, and not so well
- Be better together, we can be ourselves, be inclusive, see more good in others, and work collectively to build for the long term
we offer a competitive salary and benefits to support your mental, physical, financial and social wellbeing.
Recruitment assessments -
- Core bank funding for retirement savings, medical and life insurance, with flexible and voluntary benefits available in some locations
- Time-off including annual, parental/maternity (20 weeks), sabbatical (12 weeks maximum) and volunteering leave (3 days), along with minimum global standards for annual and public holiday, which is combined to 30 days minimum
- Flexible working options based around home and office locations, with flexible working patterns
- Proactive wellbeing support through Unmind, a market-leading digital wellbeing platform, development courses for resilience and other human skills, global Employee Assistance Programme, sick leave, mental health first-aiders and all sorts of self-help toolkits
- A continuous learning culture to support your growth, with opportunities to reskill and upskill and access to physical, virtual and digital learning
- Being part of an inclusive and values driven organisation, one that embraces and celebrates our unique diversity, across our teams, business functions and geographies - everyone feels respected and can realise their full potential.
some of our roles use assessments to help us understand how suitable you are for the role you've applied to. If you are invited to take an assessment, this is great news. It means your application has progressed to an important stage of our recruitment process.
Visit our careers website www.sc.com/careers