- Permanent, Full time
- OCBC Bank
- 22 Sep 17
Senior IT Project Manager
Senior IT Project Manager• Hold overall responsibility and accountability for IT project management sponsored by Global Treasury and Group Risk Management.
• Work in partnership with front office, group risk, finance, operations and technology to deliver projects to agreed scope, schedule, budget and quality.
• Manage team of project managers and their performance of project tasks, including provision of technical advice and guidance, schedule assignments and training for development, preparation of performance appraisals
• Provide regular status updates to senior stakeholders in IT and business units
• Establish project plans, resources, budgets and time-frames, and assign tasks
• Identify, track and communicate project progress, milestones, deliverables changes and dependencies within the schedule, costs, issues and risks
• Coordinate project activities across multiple development, product management, user experience and QA teams in a matrix organisation
• Secure acceptance and approval of deliverables or revisions to the project from the project sponsor and stakeholders
• Manage vendor relationship and deliverables
• Evaluate and recommend purchases of software packages, hardware and service vendors where appropriate
• Ensure work deliverables are in compliance with bank policies and regulatory requirements.
• Plan for and oversee preparation of documentation of each project phase (business requirements, functional specification, project plan, test strategy, test plan, etc), training and support in new/modified applications.
• Knowledge in Treasury products/risk management/processing is essential
• Experience in the Murex and market/credit risks applications will be an added advantage
• Understanding of technical aspects of system integration in a mix technology environment.
• Tertiary (Degree) education required
• Minimum 10 years in project management in IT in investment bank delivering projects exceeding S$ 5 mil and have stakeholders that span across at least 3 departments/divisions
• Prior experience managing teams of at least 5 - 10 staff (preferred)
• Capable of managing several projects simultaneously in a dynamic environment
• Certification or formal training in project management is an advantage
• Self-starter with excellent leadership, communication, stakeholder management and team building skills
• Ability to resolve complex problems creatively