We are looking for a candidate for providing application support for the bank's strategic risk management platform and prime brokerage applications who can work with business and meet their (traders, risk managers, etc.) expectations. The candidate should have prior front office experience supporting similar applications and have strong technical and communication skills. The candidate should be adept in prioritizing and judging the nature of the issues and be able to context switch between issues and address and resolve them.
- Support a primary risk management application SABRE
- Support a prime brokerage application Eclipse/PACMAN
- Draft OLA and review documentation for any upstream
- Act as L2 support to L1 team in India
- Manage/coordinate recurring issues and ensure long-term resolution
- Drive Engineering and BUILD (Development) teams for bug fixes
- Perform risk reviews of the environment and raise new risks where/when applicable
- Stakeholder management with FO trading, Middle Office, Product Control, Development and Infrastructure teams.
- Work closely with UNIX/Database/Network Infrastructure teams on stability improvement programs or general improvements to the environments.
- Perform impact analysis on application changes and act as change manager for the team
- Address any security vulnerabilities identified in the platform and/or applications
- Manage open risks and audit point through to closure
- Participate in the bank wide DR tests and FM PSS monthly DR Failovers
- Update any relevant application documentation
- Monitoring of production applications using ITRS GENEOS and sampler fixing/enhancement wherever required
- Monitor batch processing, enhance batch processing and ensure batches meet SLA's
- Ensure timely response and coordination of user queries and incidents
- Ensure problems are raised for recurrence incidents and regularly followed up thought out closure.
- Deliver any necessary automations to reduce manual work
- Awareness and understanding of the Group's business strategy and model appropriate to the role
- Awareness and understanding of the wider business, economic and market environment in which the Group operates
- Abide by group processes in place for production support which are in line with ITIL framework
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- The ability to interpret the Group's financial information, identify key issues based on this information and put in place appropriate controls and measures
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct .
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead the Singapore / IT-TPS CCIB / IT-TPS CCIB FM Revenue / SABRE PSS team to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank's Conduct Principles : Effective Financial Markets; Financial Crime Compliance; The Right Environment.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Ensure compliance with rules outline by the relevant regulators (MAS, PRA, etc.)
Our Ideal Candidate
- FO trading, Middle Office, Product Control, Development and Infrastructure team
Role Specific Technical Competencies
- 5+ years of working experience in IT applications/ Infrastructure support
- Any Degree from recognized university
- ITRS/Geneos Monitoring
- RedHat (RHCSA)
- Cloudera Hadoop stack
- AWS (AWS Cloud Practitioner)
- Kubernetes (CKA)
- ELK Stack
About Standard Chartered
- Good understanding of ITIL processes
- Unix based environments knowledge
- Unix shell of scripting
- Shell or Python scripting knowledge
- Experience in release/change management
- Java based application exposure
- AWS based application exposure
- Kubernetes exposure
- Experience in config. and mgt. of monitoring toolsets (Geneos/Nagios, Patrol, etc.)
- Prior experience with batch scheduling tools (e.g. Control-M)
- Cloudera CDP exposure
We're an international bank, nimble enough to act, big enough for impact. For more than 160 years, we've worked to make a positive difference for our clients, communities, and each other. We question the status quo, love a challenge and enjoy finding new opportunities to grow and do better than before. If you're looking for a career with purpose and you want to work for a bank making a difference, we want to hear from you. You can count on us to celebrate your unique talents. And we can't wait to see the talents you can bring us.
Our purpose, to drive commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity, together with our brand promise, to be here for good are achieved by how we each live our valued behaviours. When you work with us, you'll see how we value difference and advocate inclusion. Together we:
In line with our Fair Pay Charter,
- Do the right thing and are assertive, challenge one another, and live with integrity, while putting the client at the heart of what we do
- Never settle, continuously striving to improve and innovate, keeping things simple and learning from doing well, and not so well
- Be better together, we can be ourselves, be inclusive, see more good in others, and work collectively to build for the long term
we offer a competitive salary and benefits to support your mental, physical, financial and social wellbeing.
Recruitment assessments -
- Core bank funding for retirement savings, medical and life insurance, with flexible and voluntary benefits available in some locations
- Time-off including annual, parental/maternity (20 weeks), sabbatical (12 weeks maximum) and volunteering leave (3 days), along with with minimum global standards for annual and public holiday, which is combined to 30 days minimum
- Flexible working options based around home and office locations, with flexible working patterns
- Proactive wellbeing support through Unmind, a market-leading digital wellbeing platform, development courses for resilience and other human skills, global Employee Assistance Programme, sick leave, mental health first-aiders and all sorts of self-help toolkits
- A continuous learning culture to support your growth, with opportunities to reskill and upskill and access to physical, virtual and digital learning
- Being part of an inclusive and values driven organisation, one that embraces and celebrates our unique diversity, across our teams, business functions and geographies - everyone feels respected and can realise their full potential.
some of our roles use assessments to help us understand how suitable you are for the role you've applied to. If you are invited to take an assessment, this is great news. It means your application has progressed to an important stage of our recruitment process.
Visit our careers website www.sc.com/careers