Senior Regulatory Change Project Manager
- Birmingham, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 21 May 19
Aon are currently recruiting a Senior Regulatory Change Project Manager to join our team in Manchester or Birmingham.
The Senior Regulatory Change Project Manager will be primarily responsible for:
- Providing active project delivery leadership of assigned regulatory change projects ensuring that deliverables are clearly established with responsibility assigned and accepted by owners and each given completion deadlines
- Driving projects to completion within agreed timescales and that the benefits and outcomes are in line with expectations.
- Regularly capture and report on project progress to key stakeholders
- Leading other project managers and business analysts in the completion of project activity
Headquartered in London, Aon Plc is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
Aon is an equal opportunities employer. Aon's recruitment and selection policy ensures the best possible skill mix of colleagues and the highest quality candidates are appointed using objective job-related criteria.
About the Role
Your impact as a Senior Regulatory Change Project Manager:
- Preparation of financial analysis for projects requiring approved spend. Completion of documentation and process required for sign off.
- Planning, sequencing and accurately estimating timings of activity required to delivery desired or required project outcomes; development and management of project plans
- Identification and management all project stakeholders including communication of information, extraction of information, assignment of activity and assurance of completion
- Management of project resources including people (e.g. the assignment of work to identified SMEs) and costs (to ensure spend remains within budget)
- Identification and management (either direct or through assignment to other parties) of risks to and issues affecting the project together with the agreement and execution of mitigating actions to ensure delivery of outcomes remains achievable
- Management of project dependencies ensuring activity required from other projects, teams and other parties deliver required inputs when required
- Ensure necessary quality assurance processes are in place in order to guarantee that outcomes are equal to expectation
- Provision of leadership, management, mentorship and training of other Project Manager and Business Analysts
- Chair / facilitate meetings to track progress
- Provision of timely and accurate project reporting and MI
- Management of external third parties
- Responsibility for working in accordance with the Aon UK Limited Risk Management Framework, and compliance with the Aon UK Limited policies, including participation in the management of risks (including completion of mandatory training) that may adversely affect the business, interests or reputation of any Group Company.
Your knowledge and expertise:
- Ability to initiate, grow and maintain strong working relationships at all levels including executive sponsors, business leaders, subject matter experts and other key stakeholders.
- Ability to manage executive and senior staff and skilled in the management of stakeholder expectations
- Ability to adapt content, style and level of detail of written and verbal communications to fit numerous, diverse audiences, selecting the most effective method in each case
- Ability to understand, articulate and translate complex business problems in order to define clear activities which result in a desired solutions
- Effective in identifying problems, performing analysis to determine root causes and skilled in the provision of workable solutions
- Ability to identify and pursue the successful completion of key project products simultaneously ensuring quality and timeliness of all outputs
- Able to manage numerous projects simultaneously, prioritising key actions to ensure close management of stakeholders and action owners in order to achieve successful delivery of project products and outputs
- Solid understanding of Project Management methodologies (such as Prince 2) and structures and can demonstrate a pragmatic application of these appropriate to a given audience and/or situation
Proven experience in:
- Projects and change (8+ years’).
- Operating at a manager level within a risk and regulation background (with performance improvement) ideally in a Big 4 consultancy (At least 3+ years’ experience).
- Regulations such as SM&CR (preferred), MiFID II, EMIR, D/F, Solvency II, IDD, GDPR etc.
- Managing and leading workstreams on large-scale and complex regulatory change programmes.
- Managing teams on multiple engagements.
- Negotiating with all parts of an organisation in order to secure resource and/or budget, meet deadlines, attain approvals, embed process and manage conflicts
Proven ability in:
- An Insurance environment as a priority with experience in Asset and Wealth Management and Banking also highly desirable.
- Ability to develop tools and techniques.
- Use of MS Project, Visio, Word, Excel and PowerPoint to an advanced level
- Direction, leadership and motivation of project teams
Salary and Benefits
This role offers a competitive salary and bonus, plus a comprehensive benefits package and 25 days holiday. Through our flexible benefits, you will also have the opportunity to choose additional benefits, including healthcare and additional holiday. We also offer tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organisation.
Our Colleague Experience
Every day, our colleagues make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. Together, we share this one purpose: to empower economic and human possibility around the world. This unifying goal is at the heart of our identity, and it lives in everything we do. To learn more about our colleague experience, visit Aon Colleague Experience.
We’re happy to talk flexible working. If you need to flex your working pattern, Aon offers flexible and agile working policies and we’re happy to discuss options with you upon application
Job number: 2459165
Location: United Kingdom, POST-WML, Birmingham