Canada Life UK looks after the retirement, investment and protection needs of individuals, families and companies. We help to build better futures for our customers, our intermediaries and our employees by operating as a modern, agile and welcoming organisation.
Part of our parent company Great-West Lifeco, Canada Life UK has operated in the United Kingdom since 1903. We have hundreds of respected and supported employees committed to doing the right thing for our customers and colleagues.
Canada Life UK is transforming to create a more customer-focused business by providing our customers with expertise on financial and tax planning, offering home finance and annuities propositions, and providing collective fund solutions to third party customers.
This is a 12 month fixed term contract and can be located in either our Bristol or Isle of Man office
This role will support the transformation and the future growth of the business within the Insurance division, we now need a Pricing Actuary to work at the forefront of the business delivering pricing expertise and high quality management information
Protection is a key strategic focus of the Insurance division. This role exists as part of the Protection Pricing team responsible for pricing individual (onshore & offshore) and group policies. Our objective is to offer competitive and fair pricing to our customers and to support the strategic initiatives of the Protection business.
• Produce regular pricing reports in accordance with Canada Life’s policies and standards for the protection products.
• Communicate pricing reports and other actuarial investigations to the Head of Pricing, Commercial Director and oversight teams.
• Be responsible for pricing models and quotes system and ensure updates are in line with change control processes.
• Analyse profitability and mix of business written against plan targets.
• Work closely with Scheme Underwriting, Sales & Senior Management and maintain external reinsurance relationships
• Support product and terms & conditions developments
• Keep abreast of industry issues and developments to ensure the business processes and strategies are in line with the industry.
Desired Knowledge / Experience / Skills
• Qualified Actuary with protection knowledge (individual and/or group) and experience or an interest to work in this field together with the ability to pick up new technical material quickly
• Good communicator
• Good project management skills
• Work well within controls/governance, showing clear and comprehensive audit trails
• Relevant experience in a Life Office
• Good knowledge of MS Excel
This position can be located either in our Isle of Man or Bristol office.
What you’ll like about working here
As a Canada Life UK colleague, you’ll receive a competitive salary and comprehensive reward package including income protection, private medical insurance and life assurance, along with a generous pension and bonus scheme. You’ll also receive the support you need with your personal and professional development.
Diversity and inclusion
Canada Life is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Our role as an employer of choice is to provide the right environment for talented people to do their best work, by respecting, understanding and valuing individual differences