Application Support Analyst
- Cambridge, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- PA Consulting
- 24 May 19
Application Support Analyst
We're an innovation and transformation consultancy that believes in the power of ingenuity to build a positive-human future in a technology-driven world. Our diverse teams of experts combine innovative thinking with breakthrough-technologies to progress further, faster.
With a global network of FTSE 100 and Fortune 500 clients, we'll offer you unrivalled opportunities for growth and the freedom to excel. Combining strategies, technologies and innovation, we turn complexity to opportunity and deliver enduring results, enabling you to build a lasting career.
Isn't it time you joined us?
PA Consulting is one of the UK's premier technology consultancies, working with a wide range of public and private industry sectors, helping companies to innovate and effectively manage their technology. In order to manage a diverse range of activities, PA runs a portfolio of over 60 applications which run a range of services to support our consulting and functional teams globally across PA. One group takes responsibility for all PA's Oracle based applications, the second group takes ownership of the remainder of PA's business software portfolio. Products include Microsoft Dynamics and SharePoint; cloud services such as Concur and homegrown applications which use the Microsoft Development suite.
• Operational requests - these will range from one off preparations for specific business needs to annual preparation to support year end
• Application fixes - working closely with the rest of the Application management team to diagnose the cause of the issue and deliver a fix
• Application changes - these can range from small changes to existing applications to small projects to implement new solutions
• The role will include working independently as well as part of cross functional teams from across PA's business
• Demonstrate excellent customer service skills by:
o Responding promptly to requests for help
o Ensuring the business understands what is happening and that they agree with the approaches taken. The role requires the person to translate IT concepts into business language.
• Demonstrate sound problem solving skills to support design, software development and debugging activities
• Application support experience in two or more of:
o MS SQL Server (T-SQL, SSRS, SSAS, SSIS)
o MS Dynamics 2013 or above
o MS SharePoint 2010 or above
• A strong breadth of knowledge of the software project lifecycle
• Good understanding of working with SaaS applications - Concur, Office 365, Fuse
• Proven desire and ability to keep up to date with technology
• Customer focused
• Ability to communicate effectively at all levels
• Excellent interpersonal/ communication skills
• Ability to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team
• Good reporting skills
• Ability to work independently
• Ability to take initiative
If you are a Support Analyst looking for a new challenge, then this opportunity is worth considering. Use the link below to register your interest via PA's Career website.
About PA Consulting Group
At PA, we take an innovative approach to technology consulting. That's why we only hire the most innovative thinkers. With a global network of FTSE 100 and Fortune 500 clients, we offer our consultants unrivalled opportunities for growth and give them the freedom they need to excel. Whether they're interested in solving complex challenges, executing organisational change or inspiring unconstrained ideation, we offer them a place to carve out a lasting career. Award winning and highly ambitious, at PA we are a different kind of consultancy.
We believe that diversity makes us a stronger firm and seek to employ people with different ideas, styles and skill sets, each able to contribute in unique ways. This diversity engenders a richer, more creative environment - one in which our people develop and clients are served better. We are committed to recruiting, promoting and rewarding our people solely on the basis of their ability to contribute to PA's objectives, without regard to their sex, race, disability, religion, national origin, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age or marital status.