* Assist the Head of Tax on direct and indirect tax matters for the Group.
* The expectation is that the successful applicant will take on more responsibility as they develop and demonstrate capabilities.
The role includes:
Corporate tax and Lloyd's reporting
* Corporate tax quarterly provision work, including expense analysis and preparing general ledger tax journals
* Provide information to, and address queries from, the third party service provider responsible for the UK corporation tax returns
* Assist with Lloyd's tax related reporting, including US and Canadian SIS return work, UK Syndicate returns and PE certification
* Work with the Head of Tax on Corporation tax related advisory, compliance, project and analysis work
European IPT and parafiscal taxes
* Provision of data to third party service provider responsible for the company's quarterly and monthly European returns
* Liaising with the business and the third party compliance service provider to check the correct amount of IPT has been collected and recorded
* Arranging payments of IPT due to European tax authorities and journals to reflect the payments made
* Assisting in de-registration in relation to IPT compliance obligations as its activity winds down (the company is in run-off)
* Provision of data to a third party service provider that prepares the quarterly VAT group return numbers.
* Assist with the review of the VAT group return numbers prepared under the PESM agreed with HMRC, including annual adjustment and CGS numbers, and preparation of journals following submission.
PAYE Settlement Agreement
* Review of benefits provided in the year to staff and assist in determining the amount of tax payable.
* Arrangement of PSA annual submission and payment in accordance with HMRC PSA timetable.
* ACA/ACCA/CTA qualified or equivalent.
* Insurance company / financial services experience preferred.
* Must be computer literate i.e. for example, intermediate level in MS Excel and possess the ability to extract and manipulate data from different databases.
With a team of over 200 and growing every day, Goodman Masson is one of London’s specialist Finance and Technology recruitment businesses. Voted ‘Best Recruitment Company to Work For’ in 2018, our passion for what we do is clear.
Based in London, Düsseldorf and New York, we hold annual revenues exceeding £42 million. This includes Qualified & Part-Qualified / Transactional Finance, Actuarial & Investment Management, Audit, Banking Operations, Compliance & Financial Crime, Front Office, Housing Development, Information & Cyber Security, Technology, Digital & Data, Product Control & Valuations, Projects, Change & Transformation, Risk & Regulation, Tax and Treasury.
We also have a Solutions team who provide RPO, hybrid and volume recruitment services. Alongside this, Goodman Masson have developed an Executive Search team who focus on sourcing C-suite talent to fee earning Legal partners.