Associate/Vice President, European Power Purchase Agreements
In this role, you will be responsible for managing relationships with Power Purchase Agreement (PPA) counterparties (specifically corporates and public bodies). You will also be responsible for keeping up to date on counterparties' PPA capabilities, demand, preferred structures, prices and required approval processes.
You will be originating, negotiating and executing corporate PPAs for the Green Investment Group's Investments as part of the transaction team and aligning origination strategies with the Green Investment Group and Macquarie offices globally.
Your other responsibilities will include:
- developing partnerships and framework agreements with a small number of corporates
- proactively developing new PPA products to optimise risk reward between the Green Investment Group's projects and counterparties' requirements
- the development and execution of new credit enhancement tools, multi-buyer/aggregated PPAs and weather risk management tools such as Proxy Revenue Swaps
- monitoring and providing updates on market trends and opportunities
You will have a minimum of 4 years+ experience with originating, structuring and negotiating long-term contracts. You'll also bring a detailed understanding of structured energy transactions and contract negotiations (ISDA/EFET/bespoke PPA), as well as a good understanding of project financing. A mathematical mind with a natural ability to understand complex cash flows, electricity flows, payoff formulas and settlement mechanics will provide an excellent addition to the team.
Other desirable skills include:
- the ability to clearly convey complex, abstract concepts
- a strong cross-cultural understanding
- a confident personality
- experience from physical energy markets
- experience structuring/pricing European and Asian commodity options.
- experience from a legal firm in structuring and drafting PPAs and/or project finance documents
Fluency in English and at least one other European language is preferred.
To apply to this exciting opportunity to join our Green Investment Group, apply now online or to learn more, visit www.macquarie.com/careers
Green Investment Group (GIG), a member of Macquarie Capital, is a specialist in green infrastructure principal investment, project delivery and portfolio management, and related services. Its track record, expertise and capability make it a global leader in green investment, dedicated to supporting the growth of the global green economy.
Macquarie understands the importance of diversity and inclusion - our long history of success has come from being different. At Macquarie we value the innovation and creativity that diversity of thought brings. The one thing we all have in common is our focus on high performance. If you're capable, motivated and can deliver, we want you on our team.
Macquarie is an equal opportunities employer and does not discriminate on the grounds of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, gender identity, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, race (including colour and ethnic or national origins), religion or belief. Advertised:
15 Jun 2019 GMT Daylight Time Applications close: