A boutique investment management firm which is part of a large global financial services group, is looking to recruit a Finance Director who will report into the CFO and work closely with the CEO. This is a diverse and varied role which will oversee and provide technical review across financial and regulatory reporting and tax as well as leading on the review and presentation of management accounts to senior stakeholders.
- Oversee month-end process to ensure timely and accurate preparation of management accounts for presentation at the Finance Committee. This process requires the calculation and maintenance of remuneration figures.
- Oversee budgeting and forecasting process including preparation of annual budget, assessment of the firm's performance and preparation of internal and external forecasts.
- Ensure that effective financial controls are in place and maintained in order to safeguard the company’s Assets and Capital which may be subject to internal and/or external audits.
- Oversee year end process culminating in the timely and accurate preparation of statutory accounts under UK GAAP (FRS 102), which may be subject to external audit.
- Ensure that all external financial and regulatory reporting requirements are met in an accurate and timely manner including reporting to Head Office to Japan and regulators in both London and Singapore.
- Lead on tax activities for the company including tax computations and payments, tax governance and liaison with HMRC.
- Develop policies and procedures for the Finance function across London and Singapore.
• Qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA or CIMA)
• Knowledge of UK GAAP (FRS 102) accounting standards
• Financial Services background
• Management experience
• Interpersonal skills with demontsrable gravitas to present / face-off to senior management
• A highly credible and diligent individual with intellectual ability and a hands-on approach
• Critical thinker/problem solver