Fund Accountant - Private Equity Fund Manager
- £65k - £70k + exceptional package
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Maldon Partners
- 19 Jul 17 2017-07-19
Opportunity with leading international Private Equity Fund Manager to manage the financial control and reporting for two significant investment vehicles, both of which are in the investment / early divestment stage.
Maldon Partners are currently recruiting on behalf of a leading international Private Equity group. Our client are recruiting at associate vice president level into their fund control and reporting team.
The business has experienced continued growth and is acquisitive identifying and executing opportunities to acquire rival businesses where possible.
Role responsiblities are varied but include:
- Review and prepare capital call and distribution notices and cash allocation schedules
- Fund level cash monitoring; calculate fund reserves, monitor cash requirements
- Manage Fund level debt facility (drawdowns / repayments / monitoring availability / extensions)
- Oversight of fund administrators’ output and evaluate performance against service agreements
- Review work performed by junior members of the Finance team to ensure they are preparing work efficiently and to a high standard. Review postings on the accounting system.
- Prepare Fund LTV / LTC calculations and monitor fund leverage levels
- Review fund ‘true-ups’ and review expenses recharged to the funds, ensuring they are in compliance with the terms of the LPA.
- Take responsibility for cash/ treasury management. Monitor sources and uses of funds/ cash requirements. Calculate fund reserves.
- Key role in the quarterly IRR projections process. Maintain fund models and produce sensitivity and scenario analysis for the Portfolio Managers.
- Assist with quarterly fund valuation process, including preparing the gross to net adjustments for real estate investments, and preparing a summary for senior management.
- Ownership of Fund’s carried interest waterfall, and ad hoc preparation of sensitivity / scenario analysis for senior management
- Assist Deal team with Fund acquisitions / disposals / restructuring
- Monitor FX risk and implementation of appropriate hedging strategies. Assist with reviewing FX credit line ISDAs and CSAs.
- Monitor SPV level free cash and recommend distributions.
- Liaise with Luxembourg accountants on completing acquisitions and upstreaming distributions.
- Monitor and report fund guarantees
Financial Reporting and other Investor Reporting
- Review and prepare fund financial statements
- Review and prepare fund compliance reporting.
- Clear queries from fund depositaries and provide supporting information in a timely manner.
- Review and prepare investor questionnaires and ad hoc investor queries.
- Preparation of quarterly investor presentations
- Review and prepare management fee and performance fee calculations
- Act as key point person for external audit on own funds: plan year-end audit; prepare year-end files; liaise with audit team
- Provide ad-hoc support for uploading information to the investors’ portal
- Prepare European investments track record
- Review and prepare quarterly partners’ capital statements, expenses schedules, investor reports and investor letters.
- Prepare fund slides for Investment Committee memo in relation to new acquisitions.
- Assisting with the outsourcing of financial reporting to a third partner fund administrator
- Assist with fundraising. Completing DDQ, presentations, ad hoc investor queries
Applicants will ideally be ACA qualified with approximately 2-3 years post qualification experience in Private Equity/Real Estate/Debt fund accounting.