Our company is part of a global top-10 insurance group, with three main legal entities' operating in the Lloyd's, UK, Continental European and Bermudian markets. We have an enviable reputation for our customer knowledge, claims service and the specialist insurance and reinsurance expertise we apply. We provide the type of security leading organisations need to break new ground, innovate and offer life-changing services and amenities to some of the world's most challenging regions.
The role holder will be responsible for managing the investment accounting for the group of companies (Syndicate, Managing agent and corporate member). The role will be responsible for all regulatory reporting requirements for the investment portfolio (QMA, QAD). The role will be reporting into the Regulatory Reporting Manager.
You can help us to achieve this by:
* Performing monthly reconciliation of Syndicate investment related balance sheet accounts
* Provide monthly reconciliations of Funds in Syndicate related control accounts
* Administer capital financing arrangements
* Producing annual Syndicate statutory account investment related notes,
* Producing quarterly investment related regulatory reporting (Lloyd's, Solvency II).
* Accurate and timely preparation of investment and general accounting records for MS AUL
* Analysing and understanding investment movements and investment performance.
* Provide stewardship for the maintenance of effective governance of financial processes and controls across AUL for all investment balance sheet related accounts, and coordinate the assurance management and risk reporting processes.
* Maintain financial controls framework ensuring that finance risks are identified and regularly monitored
* Continually exploring opportunities to improve processes and controls.
* Quarterly Japan Head office reporting investment templates including detailed derivative templates
* Acting as key driver in the planning, execution and delivery of projects impacting investment accounting
* Staff training and review of workings by investment accountants;
* Audit. To provide necessary evidence to auditors and help smooth the audit process.
* Service. To understand the financial needs of the consolidated group and Strategic Business Units ("SBUs") in order to provide the investment accounting support for the full range of service required. This will require in depth understanding of the different needs in order that the customers are provided with the support they need within agreed service levels and timeframes.
* Risk management. Understand and maintain the financial controls framework as a key component of the overall management of risks within the Finance function on a consistent basis with the Group's risk management processes. This will include ensuring that all finance risks are identified and regularly monitored, finance risk assessments are conducted for new businesses and processes, appropriate controls exist to effectively manage identified finance risks, and relevant issues are escalated appropriately.
What we need from you:
Technical ~ Skills, knowledge and experience
* Strong interpersonal and communication skills (both oral and written)
* Capable of managing multiple priorities and deadline driven priorities
* Excellent attention to detail and ability to self-check work with high accuracy of work output
* Numerate and analytical mind-set
* Collaborative attitude; team player demonstrating flexibility and adaptability
* Self-motivated to actively seek continuous improvement.
* Ability to critically review work (own and others).