As Segmentation & Targeting Specialist you will have a strong digital and data marketing expertise to drive a personal and relevant customer experience on HSBC properties and in paid media channels via Adobe Audience Manager. This will help us achieve our Digital targets on sales and increase customer engagement. Better understanding of our data will enable us to make smarter investment decisions and drive increased efficiency and effectiveness.
- The role holder will work under the guidance of the Segmentation and Audience Creation Manager to ensure that segment properties when used in operations to the broader operations team and performance.
- Delivery requires an understanding of the end to end value channel and the strongest element being the overall achievement of the deployment of digital experiences in conjunction with regional and local entity teams.
- The segmentation and targeting specialist will be responsible for for reviewing and iterating the rules and behaviours that generate a segment to manage the trade-off between certain characteristics that include but not limited to size, performance and mutually exclusive
- The role purpose is also to ensure new behaviours / signals are defined, clearly articulate into contribution to the operational profile; examples including signals from analytic tags, external data sets procured via the DMP, advertising logs and CRM segments brought into the operational store
Impact on the Business
- Responsible for ensuring correct and relevant audiences/segments are created/available to enable stakeholders to achieve their objectives.
- Identify opportunities to better use HSBC's DMP (Adobe Audience Manager) for programmatic activity and other targeted paid digital display and search activities.
- Define and maintain the operational profile used by inbound and outbound messaging operations teams for targeting.
- Accountable for segment properties when used in operations to the broader operations team and performance manager.
- Responsible for reviewing and iterating the rules and behaviours that generate a segment to manage the trade-off between:
- Segment size
- Segment performance
- The segments being different enough
- Responsible for determining how new behaviours / signals contribute to the operational profile. Examples include:
- Signals from analytic tags
- External data sets procured via the DMP
- Advertising logs
- CRM segments brought into the operational store
- Provide deep and/or broad subject matter expertise