Senior Software Engineer - BVAL Curves
Bloomberg absorbs billions of data points from hundreds of financial markets every day. Our developers build applications that fuel the markets by providing intelligent analytics and transparency into these markets. Our customers rely on us to understand markets and analyse complex structures which allow them to make smart investment decisions.
Our product (BVAL) is the gold standard for pricing. It generates end-of-day prices for over 2 million fixed income securities. Our suite of applications also includes high-precision pricing algorithms, liquidity hubs for storing and retrieving pricing information, and big data analytics. You'll focus on building high performance, high throughput systems that use advanced statistical techniques to generate the fastest, most accurate pricing information out there.
In recent months we have been working towards modernising the architecture of the whole system to turn into a highly scalable and reliable distributed data pipeline. We are using technologies like Kafka and Redis in the new architecture. Our aim behind this architectural change is to make it really easy to introduce new products (new value added calculations) and take them from ideation to market in matter of few weeks. We believe in building reusable components as building blocks and use them together to provide new functionality. What's in it for you?
This is an opportunity to join the team at an exciting time as we are re-engineering the system. You have a chance to make significant contributions towards our system's architecture. We are a highly collaborative self-managed scrum team. This will allow you to undertake a lot of responsibility very quickly and you will help the team drive entire SDLC for all the future work. We'll trust you to:
You will need to have:
- Work in Python and C++
- Work with a variety of Bloomberg and open-source technologies, including Redis, Docker, Splunk, Pytest, Google Test, cmake, Jenkins, and any open source technologies that will help get the job done
- Provide technical leadership towards building distributed system
- Collaborate with a wide array of stakeholders within Engineering and beyond
We would love to see:
- Industry experience owning end to end software development lifecycle
- Experience building highly scalable distributed systems
- Proficiency working in Python and/or any object oriented programming language
- Mastery of best practices in design and implementation of software
- Experience with containerisation and CI/CD solutions (e.g. Docker, Jenkins)
- Eagerness to work in an inclusive team, contribute to team culture, and stay open to new ideas
- A passion for making a positive difference in the world through technology
- Experience working within the Scrum model
- Eagerness for working with third-party/open-source technologies
- Enthusiasm to lead, share new ideas, drive processes and technology frameworks with the team
We believe interviewing is a two way street. It's a way for us to get to know you and your skills, and also a way for you to learn more about the team, our technical challenges, and what you'd be working on. The content of each interview round will be tailored to the role and your background.
We want to ensure you can put your best foot forward throughout the process, so if you have any questions or need any accommodations to be successful, please let us know!
We have a lot of opportunities to choose from in Engineering, and it is important to us that your skills and experience align best with the team you are interviewing with. To help ensure you are placed on the right team, your application will be considered for all of our current vacancies in Engineering at the first stage of the interview process.