Solicitor/Claims Handler Professional Indemnity
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- 08 Aug 18 2018-08-08
Aon are currently recruiting for a Solicitor/Claims Handler to join our team in London, UK. The role will be in our professional indemnity claims team handling claims on behalf of corporate insurers and the Lloyds market under a delegated authority.
Headquartered in London, Aon Plc is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
Aon is an equal opportunities employer. Aon's recruitment and selection policy ensures the best possible skill mix of colleagues and the highest quality candidates are appointed using objective job-related criteria.
Aon Underwriting Managers
AUM undertakes underwriting and claims handling services on behalf of insurers and delivers expertise in specific product ranges or trade sectors. AUM focuses on commercial insurance products across Accident and Health, Property and Casualty, Financial Lines and Marine sectors. AUM fulfils many of the roles of an insurance company - underwrites (evaluates the risks and exposures of potential clients against the insurance covers), prices (determines the premium that is charged to ensure that risk), issues policies, mid-term adjustments and renewals and on some facilities, manages the claims handling and settlement.
AUM has an in-depth understanding of the diverse range of solutions that we offer and our insurance products are specially designed and unique to Aon.
About the Role
As a Solicitor/Claims Handler some of your key responsibilities will involve:
- Assessing whether a valid notification under the policy has been made
- Identifying any coverage issues
- Undertaking investigations to ascertain background facts
- Analysis of liability and quantum
- Formulating a resolution strategy
- Setting and monitoring reserves.
- Complying with the relevant Pre-Action Protocols and maintaining service delivery to agreed standards
- Providing an excellent claims service from first notification to conclusion
- Working with the insureds, insurers and third party providers (mostly external solicitors) to achieve the best possible outcome
- Liaising with brokers
- Carrying out projects, tasks and other duties as may from time to time be specified by senior management. Adhere to Divisional Quality Statement in all aspects of the Business Unit’s business
- Adhering to the standards, procedures and best practices of Aon Limited to ensure FCA and other regulatory compliance.
- Monitor and manage third party providers (e.g. loss adjusters, lawyers, surveyors, engineers)
Responsible for working in accordance with the Aon UK Limited Risk Management Framework, and compliance with the Aon UK Limited policies, including participation in the management of risks (including completion of mandatory training) that may adversely affect the business, interests or reputation of any Group Company.
As a Solicitor/Claims Handler your skills and qualifications will ideally include;
- Knowledge and experience of professional Indemnity claims
- A degree in Law (England & Wales)
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to use insurance industry IT systems to efficiently deliver client service
- Experience of managing effective client relationships
- Ability to work well as part of a team
- Strong business acumen
- High level of numeracy
- Good understanding of compliance and FCA regulation
- Demonstrate integrity and professionalism
Salary and Benefits
This role offers a competitive salary and bonus, plus a comprehensive benefits package and 25 days holiday. Through our flexible benefits, you will also have the opportunity to choose additional benefits, including healthcare, childcare vouchers and additional holiday. We also offer tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organisation.
Our Colleague Experience
Every day, our colleagues make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. Together, we share this one purpose: to empower economic and human possibility around the world. This unifying goal is at the heart of our identity, and it lives in everything we do. To learn more about our colleague experience, visit Aon Colleague Experience.
We’re happy to talk flexible working. If you need to flex your working pattern, Aon offers flexible and agile working policies and we’re happy to discuss options with you upon application
Job number: 2448339
Category: Claims & Underwriting
Location: United Kingdom, London