Technical Delivery Manager - 12 Months FTC
At M&G our vision is: to become the best loved and most successful savings and investment business
and we're looking for people who are excited about joining us on our journey. We're digitally transforming and investing heavily in technology and innovation to develop new and improved customer propositions that really raise the bar for our customers. To help us achieve our vision we're looking for exceptional people who live our values and behaviours and who can inspire others; embrace change; deliver results and keep it simple.
We know that an inclusive environment makes us more accessible and ensures we attract, engage, promote and retain exceptional people. We welcome applications from all individuals regardless of age, gender/gender identity, sexual orientation, ethnicity/nationality, disability, or military service and welcome those who have taken career breaks. We will consider flexible working arrangements or home working arrangements for any of our roles. What you can expect from us:
We are committed to creating an environment where you can be exceptional at all you do. To help us deliver this, we promise to:
How do we support our employees:
- Challenge Your Limits by creating a stimulating working environment and providing opportunities for you to be involved in meaningful and challenging work
- Support Your Aspirations with a commitment to learning and development that helps you achieve and build your experience with people who want you to succeed
- Value Your Input whereby leaders and managers will involve you in key decisions, listen to your thoughts and recognise the important contribution you make
- Balance Your Life through a work life partnership that focuses on making this an inclusive, diverse and friendly place to work and offers the flexibility and support that enables everyone to be at their best
All M&G plc employees will be supported in the workplace through our LifeWorks employee assistance programme which is run by Canada Life. If you need counselling, confidential financial or legal advice. T he service is available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year and offers access to qualified professionals who can provide specialist information, advice and support on many issues. It offers a broad range of services, including help with family issues, maintaining work/life balance and mental health support.
Working with M&G plc as a Technical Delivery Manager means becoming part of a brand with a global reputation, a remarkable history and exciting plans for the future. If you're inspired to join us, and if you have the necessary qualities, then this could be the opportunity you've been looking for.
In this role you will be a pivotal part of our Finance Change team to help progress M&G's projects forward successfully and on schedule. Key responsibilities:
Management of Accounting Production workstream finance transformation for the build and test activities. This position will work closely with Accounting Production Delivery Lead, Business Lead, Release lead, Solution Architect, Workstream Leads, System Integrators and other senior Stakeholders.
- Engagement as required to bring parties together to clarify and resolve issues with requirements, designs and priorities
- Understanding end-to-end program delivery roadmaps and leading discussions to interlock the same with workstreams, business and technology stakeholders
- Ensuring that all impacted teams (including vendor teams) understand the delivery plans
- Work with the team to deliver complex and large scale General Ledger, Sub-Ledgers and Accounting Rules Engine solutions that provide business value and meet customer requirements, encouraging team's use of innovative approaches and tools to solve high impact and complex problems.
- Oversee the build and test of the General Ledger, Sub-Ledger and Accounting Rules Engine to meet approved business requirements
- Applies technical expertise to provide direction and make Programme decisions focused on wider converged technology lifecycle, setting roadmaps and defining and driving towards a desired future state & ensuring M&G can reliably trade.
- To engage with Business teams and maintain a single source truth throughout the release lifecycle - pre and post Release Planning Meeting (RPM) - of release candidates, design status, component commits, delivery milestones and test progress so that that there is a single source of real time information.
- For own projects - follows the Release process e2e:
- Works closely with Business and Workstream Leads to ensure Release scope is defined on agreed milestone date.
- Engages with Workstream leads to track and monitor the status of the release scope in the lead up to the RPM to ensure that all stories are ready for RPM.
- Ensure that the technical team has sufficient capacity to meet delivery commitments.
- Work closely with SI Component teams/Leads during development phase, remove dependencies & Manage CIT delivery plans to E2E test.
- Ensures that story and technical dependencies cross domains are identified and resolved/tracked so that the release is not put in jeopardy.
- Maintain reports on delivery status including development, CIT, SIT and E2E Testing.
- Manage escalations for major releases/portfolio areas, agreeing any changes with stakeholders
- Advise on the effective and efficient way to use Delivery methodologies & coach fellow Delivery Managers & component / Test teams.
- Working with key stakeholders:
- Within the Technology teams to agree and deliver to the roadmap timelines.
- Produce and agree technical delivery plans with stakeholders
- Manage RAG status and expectations of a technical delivery with relevant stakeholders
- Run a regular project review forum with all stakeholders, including; Risks/issues/finances/status/resources
- Liaise with multiple technology leadership teams to ensure Technical/financial/Business outcomes are achieved successfully including Security and Privacy teams
- Ensure common application architectural framework across different subject areas and conformance with best practices
To ensure your success in this role you will have a strong focus and essential experience of:
- Setting up Governance frameworks and delivering against them
- Senior stakeholder engagement and cross-functional working skills with internal stakeholders and external partners
- Managing major Finance Transformation projects
- Leading multi-skilled teams spread across geographies
- Mentoring and developing team members
- Strong experience working with 3rd parties and delivery partners, including Statement of works and commercial generation.
Additional experience which would be beneficial to the programme and makes candidate successful in this role includes:
Capabilities Essential capabilities :
- Experience of Oracle AHCS application
- Jira and ServiceNow experience
- OCP Certified professional
- Understanding of data flow across Oracle Fusion and ARE
- Managing the build and test of Oracle Fusion General Ledger, Sub-Ledgers and Accounts Rule Engine (AHCS)
- Deep insurance (Life and Pensions) knowledge
- Finance Transformation experience
- Excellent business acumen
- Excellent analytical and organisational skills, able to process and present information in a structured format and present in a clear unambiguous way
- Stakeholder management
- Able to mentor and lead
We live by four behaviours at M&G and we ask all our employees to:
- Inspire Others - Support and encourage each other, creating an environment where everyone can contribute and succeed
- Embrace Change - Be open to change, willing to be challenged and able to adapt quickly and imaginatively to new ideas
- Deliver Results - Focus on outcomes, set high standards and deliver with energy and determination
- Keep it Simple - Cut through complexity and bureaucracy, be clear and decisive and never overcomplicate things