Top ten firm: Senior Technical Manager - Financial Reporting
- Jan 13, 2021
- £60k - £80k
Top ten firm has an opening for a Senior Technical Manager specialising in Financial Reporting. Flexible working available. The firm has a reputation for technical excellence and looking after the w Top ten firm has an opening for a Senior Technical Manager specialising in Financial Reporting. Flexible working available.
The firm has a reputation for technical excellence and looking after the well being of its staff. With an outstanding benefits package and supportive environment, this could be an attractive next step for a current Technical Manager or Senior Manager. Similarly, if you are currently a technically minded Audit Manager or Senior Manager working for a large firm seeking a change then read on.The firm's technical team provides support to the audit/assurance and other business streams.
From being on-hand to help with complex enquiries, to implementing and advising on policy and processes, the technical team are the people tasked with finding solutions to some of the firm's most complex technical issues.
As part of this supportive and knowledgeable team, you'll have a chance to use and develop your technical skills and experience, find solutions to technical queries and contribute daily to the firm's commitment to deliver high quality output. Learn on the job. Lead and manage projects. Build a network of experienced specialists. Whatever level you are, this could be the role for you.
As a Senior Manager within the Technical team, you will be required to conduct technical reviews of the annual reports of the firm's listed and higher profile audited entities and also to answer queries and deliver financial reporting training on IFRSs, UK GAAP and company law and regulation related to financial reporting. The role also involves supporting and coaching more junior members of the technical team.
Members of the team are very occasionally required to visit other offices to provide training and local liaison. You'll also:
- Review the annual reports of publicly traded and other higher risk clients, to confirm compliance with financial reporting standards, company legislation and regulatory requirements
- Provide clear and practical solutions to ad hoc technical accounting queries
- Help develop financial reporting tools and guidance for application by the firm's partners and staff
- Prepare and present financial reporting training, updates and seminars both internally and externally
- Write articles and other materials on financial reporting matters for internal and external communications
- A good working knowledge of IFRSs, UK GAAP (FRSs 101 and 102) and the Companies Act with the ability to apply that knowledge to complex financial reporting issues and provide practical and supportable solutions
- Practical experience of the review of all aspects (ie front and back end) of the annual report of private and publicly traded companies, including those listed on the Main Market of the London Stock Exchange
- Good interpersonal skills, with ability to create productive relationships across the firm and network and to influence other senior professionals
- Willingness to work as part of a close-knit team and as a self-directed individual.
- Highly motivated with a desire to seek new ways of improving the firm's service to internal customers
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative. BY APPLYING FOR THIS ROLE YOU ARE AGREEING TO OUR TERMS OF SERVICE WHICH TOGETHER WITH OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT GOVERN YOUR USE OF MORGAN MCKINLEY SERVICES.