Quantitative Research Rates Analyst
We are PIMCO, a leading global asset management firm. We manage investments and develop solutions across the full spectrum of asset classes, strategies and vehicles: fixed income, equities, commodities, asset allocation, ETFs, hedge funds and private equity. PIMCO is one of the largest investment managers, actively managing more than $1.78 trillion in assets for clients around the world. PIMCO has over 2,800 employees in 17 offices globally. PIMCO is recognized as an innovator, industry thought leader and trusted advisor to our clients.
PIMCO is one of the worldâ€™s premier fixed income investment managers with thousands of professionals around the world united in a single purpose: creating opportunities for our clients in every environment. Since 1971, we have brought innovation and expertise to our partnership with the institutions, financial advisors and millions of individual investors who entrust us with their assets. We aspire to cultivate performance and leadership through empowering our people, diversity of thought, and a commitment to an inclusive culture that engages in our global communities. Position Description:
We are seeking an experienced Quantitative Research Analyst to join the Portfolio Rates Analytics team based in Newport Beach. This position will help advance the global development of PIMCOâ€™s interest rate analytics while improving the ability of the group to serve portfolio managers globally.
In this role, you will support portfolio managers of linear and non-linear interest rate (IR) products by providing enhancements of PIMCOâ€™s libraries for interest rate product pricing and risk management. Its a wonderful opportunity to be exposed to a culture of performance at a leading investment manager. The ideal candidate will possess strong mathematical modeling and programming skills. As well, he/she will have the ability to communicate complicated technical issues clearly with senior management and portfolio managers. Position Requirements:
- Masterâ€™s degree in a quantitative discipline such as mathematics, financial engineering, econometrics, or physics
- Strong modeling experience in areas like FX modeling, interest rate curve building, option theory, stochastic differential equations, optimizations and term structure modeling
- 3 years of minimum experience in the financial industry (sell side) with a solid understanding of valuing and pricing FX, Interest Rate Futures, Swaps, Swaptions, Caps & Floors, CMS and MCO/FVA contracts
- Strong programming skills and numerical problem solving techniques; proficiency with C++, Python, SQL, and excel skills
- Familiarity with non-USD interest rate markets is very useful, particular with regards to the G10 currencies
- Strong attention to details and ability to deliver results. Self-starter who is accountable, low ego, and motivated by integrating with the trade floor.
- Able to articulate issues and explain herself/himself to portfolio managers and developers.
- Ability to multitask in a fast pacing environment.
- Ethical, collaborative, organized, flexible, and high energy
PIMCO is committed to offering a comprehensive portfolio of employee benefits designed to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Benefits vary by location but may include:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance and travel coverage
- 401(k) (defined contribution) retirement savings, retirement plan, pension contribution from your first day of employment
- Work/life programs such as flexible work arrangements, parental leave and support, employee assistance plan, commuter benefits, health club discounts, and educational/CFA certification reimbursement programs
- Community involvement opportunities with The PIMCO Foundation in each PIMCO office