Software Engineer, Alts- Real Estate Technology
We are PIMCO, a leading global asset management firm. We manage investments and develop solutions across the full spectrum of asset classes, strategies and vehicles: fixed income, equities, commodities, asset allocation, ETFs, hedge funds and private equity. PIMCO is one of the largest investment managers, actively managing more than $1.92 trillion in assets for clients around the world. PIMCO has over 2,800 employees in 17 offices globally. PIMCO is recognized as an innovator, industry thought leader and trusted advisor to our clients.
PIMCO is one of the worldâ€™s premier fixed income investment managers with thousands of professionals around the world united in a single purpose: creating opportunities for our clients in every environment. Since 1971, we have brought innovation and expertise to our partnership with the institutions, financial advisors and millions of individual investors who entrust us with their assets. We aspire to cultivate performance and leadership through empowering our people, diversity of thought, and a commitment to an inclusive culture that engages in our global communities. Position Description:
PIMCOâ€™s Alternatives platform has over $45 billion in assets under management across a mix of private equity, evergreen and hedge fund vehicles, and with a range of target returns. The alternatives platform comprises a broad and growing suite of flexible strategies, focused primarily on corporate, real estate and specialty finance sectors, as well as securities trading, and spanning the US, Europe and emerging markets.
We are building a dedicated technology team to focus on the alternatives business. We are seeking strong technologists who want to sit at the intersection of finance and technology who will work closely with the desk to provide technology to the alternatives business. As a technologist in this team you will be working on anything from deal capture solutions to risk and stress testing. Position Requirements:
- 4+ years of experience in financial technology.
- 3+ years of experience with Hedge funds, asset management or sell-side building Front office/Middle office technology systems.
- Prior experience in one product within Alternatives (Commercial Real Estate Debt or Equity, Residential Real Estate, Special Situations, Distressed Credit) experience is highly desirable.
- Strong coding ability in Java or Microsoft (role will be coding in primarily Java)
- Experience with DealCloud, iLevel or GEMS is a plus
- Experience working directly with PMs/trading desks understanding their business and crafting solutions
- Ability to build constructive working relationships with a diverse group of stakeholders
- Commercial mindset making sound decisions and delivering to the desk while iterating to a better platform
- Ownership mentality of problems
- People management experience is a plus and Fixed Income trading experience is a decided advantage
PIMCO is committed to offering a comprehensive portfolio of employee benefits designed to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Benefits vary by location but may include:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance and travel coverage
- 401(k) (defined contribution) retirement savings, retirement plan, pension contribution from your first day of employment
- Work/life programs such as flexible work arrangements, parental leave and support, employee assistance plan, commuter benefits, health club discounts, and educational/CFA certification reimbursement programs
- Community involvement opportunities with The PIMCO Foundation in each PIMCO office