Aladdin Client Engagement Manager
- San Francisco, CA, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- 11 Jan 18 2018-01-11
BlackRock Inc. is a preeminent global firm, providing investment management, risk management and advisory services to institutional and individual investors around the world. BlackRock Solutions (BRS) provides clients with access to the intellectual capital, risk analytics and investment platform used to support BlackRock's asset management
BlackRock Inc. is a preeminent global firm, providing investment management, risk management and advisory services to institutional and individual investors around the world. BlackRock Solutions (BRS) provides clients with access to the intellectual capital, risk analytics and investment platform used to support BlackRock's asset management business. By combining sophisticated risk analytics and investment systems with capital markets and business process expertise, BlackRock Solutions helps clients address a variety of risk management and investment process challenges. BlackRock Solutions’ Aladdin® platform is an operating system for investment managers that combines sophisticated risk analytics with comprehensive portfolio management, trading and operations tools on a single platform to power informed decision-making, effective risk management, efficient trading and operational scale. The Aladdin institutional business is one of the fastest growing businesses at BlackRock.
The Aladdin Client Engagement group manages the partnerships formed with each BlackRock Solutions client. Each team member is a trusted advisor, problem solver and business partner to Aladdin clients. They are critical in helping portfolio managers, risk managers, CIOs, and other investment professionals get the most value out of the Aladdin Investment Management Platform. They deepen the relationship with the client over time by delivering timely insights and actionable solutions.
The ACE group is seeking a Vice President to lead client engagement at West Coast corporate, pension, and asset management clients.
Key responsibilities of the role include:
- Manage overall client relationships with goal of maintaining a high level of overall client satisfaction
- Coordinate projects across multiple internal teams to help clients take full advantage of Aladdin’s risk and analytics capabilities
- Actively manage Aladdin analytic-related client communications, including model releases and enhancements
- Understand client objectives, investment strategies and market events to effectively manage strategic analytics projects
- Represent clients with internal BRS teams to assess priorities and provide clarity on the client’s business motivations
- Assist Aladdin Implementation Managers onboard clients to the Aladdin platform
- Influence the strategic enhancement of our analytics platform
- Train new employees on existing systems and company procedures
- Develop and build high performing teams through coaching and feedback, identifying, challenging and stretching top performers
- Align team goals objectives with the firm’s objectives
- Scales ideas, best practices and solutions across the organization
- Minimum of 5 years relevant experience in Financial Technology or Buy Side firm.
- Strong subject matter expertise or strong interest in equity, fixed income, or alternatives desirable
- Academic degree in Business Management, Financial Engineering, Finance, Mathematics, Computer Science or some other quantitative field of study
- CFA/FRM designation or progress towards CFA/FRM designation is desirable
- Superior communication and presentation skills, with the ability to convey complex concepts simply and clearly to clients
- Knowledge of various analytics systems/tools and their underlying analytical risk, VaR, and/or performance attribution models is desirable. Strong interest in multi-asset risk modeling and asset allocation
- Programming background and experience with query languages desired (e.g. SQL)
- Keen client-focused spirit and willing to take on additional responsibility
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.