Business Operational Risk Manager - CBORC - NA US Consumer Digital
The CBORC US Consumer Digital Operational Risk Senior Officer I is accountable for operational risk management for the US Consumer Digital organization and will establish and oversee the application of operational risk policies, technology and tools, and governance processes to create lasting solutions for minimizing losses from failed internal processes, inadequate controls, and emerging risks. This role requires a comprehensive understanding of Operational Risk encompassing laws, regulations, and internal policies applicable to the Global Consumer Bank.
The Operational Risk Senior Officer I is a strategic professional who closely follows latest trends in own field and adapts them for application within own job and the business. Typically a small number of people within the business that provide the same level of expertise. Excellent communication skills required in order to negotiate internally, often at a senior level. Developed communication and diplomacy skills are required in order to guide, influence and convince others, in particular colleagues in other areas and occasionally external customers. Accountable for significant direct business results or authoritative advice regarding the operations of the business. Necessitates a degree of responsibility over technical strategy. Primarily affects a sub-function. Responsible for handling staff management issues, including resource management and allocation of work within the team/project. Responsibilities:
- Manage activities aligned to the Operational Risk Management Policy working with business owners and second and third line of defense partners on policy, standards, and regulatory interpretations executing to support effective risk mitigation.
- Manage coordination of the Manager Control Assessment (MCA) communicating results to stakeholders and leading ORM MCA Challenge responses.
- Ensures operational readiness for Annual Risk Assessment and Quarterly Risk Assessment activities. Submit Emerging Risks and Escalations to appropriate forums as required by policy.
- Oversees the appropriate MGE/AU structure and manages required changes to controls and monitoring in support of Operational Risk Assessment, Business Change Committee, and other governance forum outcomes.
- Oversight of audit preparation and execution activities. Shares results and themes from completed audits better predicting audit outcomes.
- Proactively identifies emerging risks and assists the business in resolving control gaps and issues providing guidance in the creation of quality corrective action plans, including root cause analysis.
- Escalates risk trends and themes that indicate emerging operational risks through evaluation of relevant metrics, loss data and external events. Effectively communicate learnings to business in order to drive necessary responses and action.
- Independently assess risks and drive actions to address the root causes that persistently lead to operational risk losses by challenging both historical and proposed practices.
- Provides a clear and comprehensive view of "Health of Controls" socialized with the business process owners for routine Control updates to the executive management team.
- Analyzes a multitude of scorecards/performance management tools in an attempt to mitigate exposure (risk/financial/regulatory)
- Develops and maintains relationships across the business users and Lines of Defense to better understand and deliver customer requirements by responding to changes in the internal and external business environment
- Appropriately assess risk when making business decisions, demonstrating consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets. Drive compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices. Must escalate, manage and report control issues with transparency, as well as effectively supervise the activity of others and create accountability with those who fail to maintain these standards.
Job Family Group:
- 10+ years of direct, relevant experience managing Operational Risk required (Digital focus preferred, not required).
- Knowledge of US Federal and Banking Regulations required, along with ability to understand rules and regulations in other GCB regions.
- Ability to translate corporate objectives and long-term direction to manage priorities and work plans with limited direction and within compressed timeframes.
- Demonstrated leadership fostering strong working relationships across multiple businesses and geographic regions.
- Outstanding communication and influencing skills through all levels of the organization including the ability to effectively communicate complex topics to a broad audience.
- Exceptional relationship management skills; must be able to address and resolve conflict while maintaining effective relationships.
Risk Management Job Family:
Operational Risk Time Type:
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi
View the " EEO is the Law
" poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement
View the EEO Policy Statement
View the Pay Transparency Posting