Data Science Intern - Year Round
CME Group is the world's leading and most diverse derivatives marketplace. But who we are goes deeper than that. Here, you can impact markets worldwide. Transform industries. And build a career shaping tomorrow. We invest in your success and you own it, all while working alongside a team of leading experts who inspire you in ways big and small. Joining our company gives you the opportunity to make a difference in global financial markets every day, whether you work on our industry-leading technology and risk management services, our benchmark products or in a corporate services area that helps us serve our customers better. We're small enough for you and your contributions to be known. But big enough for your ideas to make an impact. The pace is dynamic, the work is unlike any other firm in the business, and the possibilities are endless. Problem solvers, difference makers, trailblazers. Those are our people. And we're looking for more.
To learn more about what a career at CME Group can offer you, visit us at www.wherefuturesaremade.com .
Data Science - Internship - Year Round
CME Group is currently looking for a Data Science - Year Round intern. The Data Science Intern role will contribute to the department's analytical agenda. Work across product, client, and IT divisions to help drive that agenda with business units. Perform sophisticated, large scale analysis on markets, clients, and ecosystems and discuss client-facing analysis with clients. Brainstorm, design, gain approval, and implement internal and external tools and applications.
- Utilize Statistical Analysis and Machine Learning techniques to Drive identification and analysis of opportunities, risks, and trends.
- Utilize technical skills to deliver systematic, automated, or statistically significant information with little initial human monitoring or intervention. Develop sophisticated market analysis, client analysis, forecasts, and automated alerts for business leaders and divisions. Provide ideas for new alerts, determine the best methodology for delivery.
- Collaborate with Sales, Marketing, and Product teams to brainstorm new ideas from inception to fruition. Make presentations to Sales, Marketing, and Product teams on analysis performed
- Broadly utilize database systems and technical skills to perform analytics faster and more efficiently
Skills / Software Requirements:
- Working knowledge of traditional Machine Learning algorithms (Clustering, Tree Based Models, Collaborative Filtering, Association)
- Understanding of the modeling design process and best practices
- Strong programming skills in R, Python (Numpy, SciPy, Pandas, and scikit-learn)
- Experience with Tableau, Power BI or other Data Visualization tools
- Experience with data cleaning/munging and fuzzy matching
- Experience in with SQL scripting
- Expertise using the latest machine learning libraries/packages Not be afraid of hard work, proposing new ideas, and doing things smarter.
Currently pursuing a Masters/Advanced Degree in Analytics, Data Science or related field.
Internship will be based in Chicago.
This is a year round internship which includes:
- 12 Week Winter Part-Time Internship (20hrs/Wk)
- 12 Week Summer Full-Time Internship (40hrs/Wk)
- 12 Week Fall Part-Time Internship (20hrs/Wk)