About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
Working with Us:
As a Northern Trust partner, you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve!
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why Forbes ranked us the top employer for Diversity in 2018.
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world’s most admired and ethical companies. Build your career with us and apply today.
Responsible for improving data quality across the organization by implementing and maintaining an institutional data governance framework and data quality methodology. Establishes policies, standards and processes that will be developed and maintained to support the data governance function. As subject area expert, consults on data quality improvements across the organization. Ability to apply sound Data Concepts principles to establish Data Governance in a large complex data environment.
1. Develop tools and processes used to maintain a common, data standard across the organization.
2. Define and deliver data management standards, processes and controls and content for the creation and maintenance of common data dictionaries.
3. Enable businesses to implement data governance in their respective areas. Act as a SME/Consultant to help them define their data governance approach consistent with the Enterprise framework.
4. Participates in periodic reviews to ensure continued compliance with the data governance policies (includes compliance assessments, monitoring and control testing).
5. Resolves conflicting priorities among data owners, data consumers and custodians within sphere of the domain.
6. Collaborates with partners across the organization in maintaining the data governance and data quality structures ensuring we are meeting business needs while balancing quality, risk and cost.
7. Carries out activities that are large in scope, cross-functional and technically difficult. This includes ability to perform strategic analysis of data issues and build consensus with stakeholders across Northern Trust.
8. Role is balanced between high level operational execution and development, and execution of strategic direction of business function activities.
9. Responsible for direct interaction with different committees and/or management.
10. Strategic in developing, implementing and administering programs within functional areas.
Experience of Data Governance, Data Quality, and Enterprise Data Management concepts.
Understanding of Conceptual Data Models, Data Taxonomies, and Data Relationships including but not limited to Metadata Management, Semantic Models and Data Classification.
Experience in building effective data quality practices and ability to work with the business in understanding the current control, documenting gaps and creating a roadmap for data quality.
Experience with business ownership of Master Data including master data domains such as customer, reference data and product.
Understand and be capable of effectively communicating the role of Data Governance to both business and technical communities within the sphere of the data domain.
Ability to work across functional units, build consensus, and enable people to collaborate towards solutions . Drive decisions across a diverse set of resources across business units.
Excellent oral and written communication skills are required.
In-depth Functional / Industry Knowledge of Financial Services and Asset Management is required.
Highly flexible and adaptable to change.
Knowledge and experience with enterprise class data governance tools is
A College or University degree and relevant proven work experience is required. Industry accreditations are preferred.