Senior Systems Analyst, Performance Attribution Platform
Wellington Management offers comprehensive investment management capabilities that span nearly all segments of the global capital markets. Our investment solutions, tailored to the unique return and risk objectives of institutional clients in more than 50 countries, draw on a robust body of proprietary research and a collaborative culture that encourages independent thought and healthy debate. As a private partnership, we believe our ownership structure fosters a long-term view that aligns our perspectives with those of our clients. POSITION
The Portfolio Data Technology team is seeking Senior Systems Analyst to join a team responsible for the firm's proprietary investment performance measurement, attribution, and GIPS composite applications.
The analyst will be a key contributor to the development of new multi-asset performance attribution platform as well as enhancing and maintaining existing applications to keep pace with the evolution and growing complexity of the firm's investment products.
Keys to this position include strong analytical ability and data analysis skills, solid domain knowledge with willingness and ability to learn new concepts, good communication skills, and an ability to work collaboratively with multiple stakeholders in IT and the business.
This is an opportunity for an experienced analyst to join a collaborative team in a challenging role with excellent leadership and advancement opportunities.
Interact directly with business partners at all levels of the organization to define, analyze and document requirements and translate into detailed functional specifications
- Develop a strong partnership with the delivery team to ensure on time, scalable and high quality business solutions
- Provide input into system design to help the programming teams define effort and implementation schedules
- Ensure system stability and quality by enforcing high standards in testing and delivering audit/validation controls
- Act as an escalation point person for support issues that require detailed analysis and management
- Plan and perform functional testing of new systems and enhancements
- Provide ongoing support including research & resolution of issues, issue tracking and status reporting
- Assisting stakeholders with ad hoc data analysis requests
- Collaborate with business partners to prioritize support and enhancement needs
- 5+ years business analysis or systems analysis experience in investment management or financial services environment
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with high attention to detail
- Excellent data analysis skills with hands-on knowledge of SQL
- Excellent written and verbal communication skill
- Demonstrated experience working directly with business partners to understand their needs and deliver solutions
- Experience writing requirements, functional specifications, use cases, and test plans
- Familiarity with financial instruments including equity, fixed income, and derivatives
- Willingness and ability to work independently and as part of a team, in a fast-paced, business-critical environment
- Prior experience with performance & attribution applications is not required but would be considered a plus
Senior Systems Analyst, Performance Attribution Platform JOB FAMILY
Systems Analysis LOCATION
100 Federal Street
As an equal opportunity employer, Wellington Management considers all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, creed, national origin, age, ancestry, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. If you are a candidate with a disability, or are assisting a candidate with a disability, and require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please email us at GMCANINQ@wellington.com .