Sr. Data Science Analyst
Whether you're an investment professional, an expert in sales or a technology specialist, you'll find a culture at MFS that supports you in doing what you do best. Our employees work together to reach better outcomes, always favoring the strongest idea over the strongest individual. We put people first and show care and compassion for our community and each other. Because what we do matters - to us as valued professionals and to the millions of people and institutions who rely on us to help them build more secure and prosperous futures. Job Description
The data scientist in collaboration with the business strategist team will analyze and evaluate large quantities of data. Leveraging your advanced data analysis skills, you will create develop and iterate innovative approaches to answer business questions. You will apply a data-driven analytical approach to a variety of problems related to the Distribution team.
Your work will be project-oriented: you will often be responsible for the entire analytical process - from data preparation to outlining the type of solution (implementation and interpretation of the results). You will constructively discuss your findings in dialog with the business strategies and senior leaders.
The primary function will include, but are not limited to:
- Working with the Business strategists, information technology and operations to integrate business needs with data analytics solutions
- Identifying and preparing the data (from internal and external sources)
- Building models using advanced analytical techniques. This will include descriptive, prescriptive and other advanced analytical techniques
- Work with cross-functional stakeholders and leaders to gather and synthesize relevant data, analyzing and developing final recommendations.
- MFS' job descriptions reflect management's assignment of essential functions, which may be subject to change at any time due to constantly changing business needs.
- Perform additional duties as requested.
- Master's degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Physics, Operations Research, or related discipline; Advanced degree is a strong plus
- 2+ years' work experience in an analytics role
- Proficiency in Python, SQL, R and/or SAS; additional knowledge of other data mining software a plus
- Experience with analyzing complex, high volume, high dimensionality data from varying sources and both structured and unstructured
- Advanced knowledge of machine learning /statistical techniques, data mining, regression, decision trees, text mining, etc.; Gradient boosting, random forest, deep learning/AI a plus
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment and work effectively with people at all levels in the organization
- Skills to communicate complex ideas effectively and willingness to understand the business implications of a wide variety of data
If any applicant is unable to complete an application or respond to a job opening because of a disability, please contact MFS at 617-954-5000 or email email@example.com for assistance.
MFS is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and it is our policy to not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state or local laws. Employees and applicants of MFS will not be subject to harassment on the basis of their status. Additionally, retaliation, including intimidation, threats, or coercion, because an employee or applicant has objected to discrimination, engaged or may engage in filing a complaint, assisted in a review, investigation, or hearing or have otherwise sought to obtain their legal rights under any Federal, State, or local EEO law is prohibited. " Click here to view the 'EEO is the Law' poster and supplement ."