: Data Engineer 1 The Team:
Content Development technology groups develops and support systems which provide high-quality entity, ownership, and compliance data across a wide range of equity and fixed-income asset classes. The Impact
: The candidate will join the Content Development Ownership team which supports mission-critical Fixed Income & Equity data products.
The job will involve hands-on fault diagnosis, resolution, process creation and optimization, knowledge sharing, and delivery in a high-pressure client-focused environment. What's in it for you:
- Build a career with a global company.
- Grow and improve your skills by working on enterprise-level products and new technologies.
- Be part of a dynamic and growing organization that values innovation, creativity, and excellence.
- Working with a team of highly skilled, ambitious, and result-oriented professionals.
- It's a fast-paced agile environment that deals with a huge volume of data, so you will have the opportunity to sharpen your data skills and work on an emerging technology stack.
Content Development team developers use their passion for programming and problem-solving to produce feature-rich applications that deliver value for our clients. With a dedication to continual improvement, our development team challenges themselves each day to expand their knowledge base and produce solutions that are maintainable, extensible, and elegant. We take great pride in our work, share our expertise and ideas to achieve common goals, and aspire to learn more. We have adopted an Agile Development Methodology and are committed to continually improving within this model.
Success in this role does require knowledge of Python, AWS, and Database technologies in the short term; long-term opportunities working with alternative technologies are expected. What We're Looking For:
- Bachelor's in computer science, related field, or equivalent experience.
- 2+ years of experience in Python.
- 2+ years of experience with relational databases such as SQL Server or Postgres.
- 1+ years of experience in processing Big Data using any Cloud Native technology.
- Hands-on experience with IDEs such as Visual Studio / IntelliJ / PyCharm.
- Must possess strong oral and written communication skills.
The following experience would be advantageous:
- Familiarity with CI/CD
- Familiarity with NoSQL Databases is a plus
Grade/Level (relevant for internal applicants only): 8
The Location: Raleigh, NC. Hybrid 1 day/week.
S&P Global states that the anticipated base salary range for this position is $63,000 to $91,000. Final base salary for this role will be based on the individual's geographic location, as well as experience level, skill set, training, licenses and certifications.
In addition to base compensation, this role is eligible for an annual incentive plan. This role is not eligible for additional compensation such as an annual incentive bonus or sales commission plan.
This role is eligible to receive additional S&P Global benefits. For more information on the benefits we provide to our employees, please click here .
----------------------------------------------------------- Equal Opportunity Employer
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other status protected by law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person. US Candidates Only:
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.
20 - Professional (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), IFTECH203 - Entry Professional (EEO Job Group), SWP Priority - Ratings - (Strategic Workforce Planning) Job ID:
286434 Posted On:
Raleigh, North Carolina, United States