Junior Financial Analyst-Product Control
Credit Suisse is a leading global wealth manager with strong investment banking capabilities. Headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, we have a global reach with operations in about 50 countries and employ more than 45,000 people from over 150 different nations. Embodying entrepreneurial spirit, Credit Suisse delivers holistic financial solutions to our clients, including innovative products and specially tailored advice. Striving for quality and excellence in our work, we recognize and reward extraordinary performance among our employees, provide wide-ranging training and development opportunities, and benefit from a diverse range of perspectives to create value for our clients, shareholders and communities. We are Credit Suisse. We Offer
A department which values Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) and is committed to realizing the firm's D&I ambition which is an integral part of our global Conduct and Ethics Standards
This role supports the Equity Derivatives desk. The Product Controller will work closely with other product control groups, trade support, Front Office, technology, financial control and infrastructure areas to ensure timely and accurate reporting of the trading desks' results including daily P&L reporting, management commentaries, and exception processing.
Focused markets include: Market making on Listed & OTC option and equivalent hedging instruments. Focus on Vanilla Single Stock and Index options and volatility derivatives. Issuance of bonds and structured notes.
- P&L Validation and Analysis (including clean P&L), Journal Entry and Review
- VaR, Risk Based P&L and P&L attribution production and review
- Commentary (P&L, clean P&L, price testing, inventory analysis)
- Monthly and quarterly account ownership reconciliation, book management, legal entity and regulatory reporting and accounting policy implementation
- Providing analysis and information in response to ad hoc requests from various areas throughout the firm (e.g., Front Office, Tax, and Regulatory).
- Assisting in managing Sarbanes Oxley testing and documentation
- Daily interaction and primary support for front office requests
- Providing UAT support for various strategic system roll outs, as well as support for new business initiatives
- Improve and develop solutions utilizing innovation across multiple platforms (e.g. R, QlikSense, Tableau, Blueprism)
Credit Suisse maintains a Working Flexibility Policy, subject to the terms as set forth in the Credit Suisse United States Employment Handbook. You Offer
- Understands the value of diversity in the workplace and is dedicated to fostering an inclusive culture in all aspects of working life so that people from all backgrounds receive equal treatment, realize their full potential and can bring their full, authentic selves to work.
- Proficient with PC skills especially Excel!
- Equivalent experience with PeopleSoft Financials, as well as confident with manipulation and presentation of financial data
- Process - focused approach to work with repetitive routines under defined timelines
- Basic programming, including VBA or any platform mentioned above
- Basic quantitative finance, financial data reporting, understanding economics of VIX-Index based instruments. Should have enough knowledge to be able to articulate valuation issues with Quants area.
- Strong communication skills, with ability to articulate issues clearly and succinctly to senior management is essential!
- Phenomenal teammate, dedicated, self-starter, who can be dynamic and see ideas through from start to finish
Credit Suisse is an equal opportunity employer. Welcoming diversity gives us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and drives our success. Credit Suisse complies with applicable federal, state, and local laws prohibiting discrimination in employment in every jurisdiction in which it maintains facilities. Subject to applicable law and regulatory requirements, Credit Suisse complies with state and local laws regarding considering for employment qualified individuals with criminal histories.