Junior Financial Analyst-Product Control
Credit Suisse is a leading global wealth manager with strong investment banking capabilities. Headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, we have a global reach with operations in about 50 countries and employ more than 45,000 people from over 150 different nations. Embodying entrepreneurial spirit, Credit Suisse delivers holistic financial solutions to our clients, including innovative products and specially tailored advice. Striving for quality and excellence in our work, we recognize and reward extraordinary performance among our employees, provide wide-ranging training and development opportunities, and benefit from a diverse range of perspectives to create value for our clients, shareholders and communities. We are Credit Suisse. We Offer
A department which values Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) and is committed to realizing the firm's D&I ambition which is an integral part of our global Conduct and Ethics Standards
Product Controllers are the Financial Guardians of the Bank's sales and trading activities. We fulfill this role by:
- Ensuring complete, accurate and timely P&L, Balance Sheets and analysis
- Independently validating the value of our trading portfolios
- Working with the businesses and the new business product groups to evaluate & integrate new products and businesses into our financial environment in a controlled manner
- Providing reliable and relevant financial information to the business managers, external partners and other relevant internal constituents
Individuals are responsible for the analysis and advisory aspects of Product Control. The primary role includes advising and independently challenging key partners on accounting and valuation matters impacting the financial documents, including daily profit & loss and balance sheet movements. They also handle business requirements development and implementation of strategic systems and other continuous improvement and innovations initiatives.
This Product Controller role is supporting the Global Liquidity Group as well as Credit and Securitized Product Repo for both the Americas and EMEA region. Portfolios in these areas trade in cash securities, listed and OTC derivatives and securities financing transactions. Other responsibilities may include:
- Validation of front office P&L using risk based P&L and other analytical tools
- Ensuring P&L is well understood, complete and accurate
- Investigating and resolving P&L breaks in a timely manner
- Performing front to back balance sheet reconciliation (FOBO) to ensure accurate trade PV, cash and funding balances
- Executing month end close activities including processing accurate general ledger manual adjustments
- Providing month end general ledger substantiation and attestation
- Delivering management reporting, metrics and variance commentaries
- Producing timely and accurate financial disclosures such as the quarterly Fair Value Templates
- Performing enhance due diligence over structure trades on new trades to validate trade capture and ensure day1 P&L is accurate
- Furnishing ad-hoc balance sheet, P&L, and Trade analysis to key partners (Front Office, Legal Entity Finance, Regulatory Reporting)
- Supporting month end price testing process by liaising with Valuation Control
- Managing the provision and gross market value reconciliation and reporting process
Credit Suisse maintains a Working Flexibility Policy, subject to the terms as set forth in the Credit Suisse United States Employment Handbook. You Offer
Understand the value of diversity in the workplace and demonstrate dedication to fostering an inclusive culture in all aspects of working life so that people from all backgrounds receive equal treatment, realize their full potential and can bring their full, authentic selves to work. This should be further elaborated on in your application.
Product Controllers are highly attentive to risk, understand the importance of a strong control environment and show a high attention to detail in all aspects of their work. They also possess outstanding analytic, interpersonal and problem solving skills to enable them to build positive relationships with their key clients and to understand and address issues.
In addition, you should have the following skills and experience:
- 1-4 years of financial service, banking or accounting experience
- Proficient PC skills including experience with Excel, PeopleSoft Financials, and Essbase as well as understanding of manipulation of large data sets and presentation of financial data
- Results oriented self-starter with the capability to work well within a team and independently in a fast paced environment
- Analytical approach with the ability to identify and interpret trends and outliers in data sets and connect these to business events
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
Credit Suisse is an equal opportunity employer. Welcoming diversity gives us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and drives our success. Credit Suisse complies with applicable federal, state, and local laws prohibiting discrimination in employment in every jurisdiction in which it maintains facilities. Subject to applicable law and regulatory requirements, Credit Suisse complies with state and local laws regarding considering for employment qualified individuals with criminal histories.