Technical Service Reliability Engineer
Credit Suisse is a leading global wealth manager with strong investment banking capabilities. Headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, we have a global reach with operations in about 50 countries and employ more than 45,000 people from over 150 different nations. Embodying entrepreneurial spirit, Credit Suisse delivers holistic financial solutions to our clients, including innovative products and specially tailored advice. Striving for quality and excellence in our work, we recognize and reward extraordinary performance among our employees, provide wide-ranging training and development opportunities, and benefit from a diverse range of perspectives to create value for our clients, shareholders and communities. We are Credit Suisse. We Offer
A department which values Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) and is committed to realizing the firm's D&I ambition which is an integral part of our global Conduct and Ethics Standards
As Technical Service Reliability Engineer for Workspace Access Authentication Services, role will be accountable for leading and growing a diverse and distributed team who define, maintain, and evolve the core end user facing authentication experiences used by the bank and its critical applications and systems.
This is an exciting technical role with line management and multi-functional team leadership responsibilities. Applicant will succeed in this role by understanding and solving complex and rewarding technical challenges, shaping critical elements of the user experience and productivity. This role will lead by example across a wide range of technical and security domains, spanning classic and modern IT, on-premise, hybrid-cloud, and native cloud. A key to this role's success is building and maintaining trust with both technical and non-technical constituencies. Consistently and easily distill complex challenges to their essence in order to focus teams, get decisions made, and guide critical stability and transformation delivery activities over and around obstacles.
- Solve and engineer authentication and adjacent service architectures and design patterns for including integrations with additional layers of the authentication ecosystem and cyber/security control plane.
- Advise various Technology Design Authorities, which make decisions about strategy and architecture for the bank.
- Coordinate and deliver solutions architecture for multiple concurrent projects while also participating as an Auth Services Steering Committee voting member; ensuring clear lines of accountability, diagnosis and resolution of problems, and removal of friction to support the team
- Author, maintain and enforce service and user documentation, reference data, blueprints, and standards in partnership with Security, Enterprise, and Domain Architects
- Provide expert level technical mentorship on a wide range of authentication and enterprise security domains, which requires you to assess risks effectively, and be capable of challenging all forms of design and plans
- Outstanding understand security, spanning classic (PKI/Kerboros) and modern (OpenID, FIDO, OAuth, SAML, ...) authentication and authorization policies/methods and be able to integrate them with internally developed or vendor bases applications
- Respond to and resolve emergent service and project delivery problems
- Review and influence new and evolving design, architecture, standards, and methods for operating services and systems
- Participate in software and system performance analysis and tuning, service capacity planning and demand forecasting
- Automate standardized repeatable tasks and steps and contribute to building a DevOps model
- Have line management responsibilities and act a local lead in Raleigh
- Understands the value of diversity in the workplace and is dedicated to fostering an inclusive culture in all aspects of working life so that people from all backgrounds receive equal treatment, realize their full potential and can bring their full, authentic selves to work.
- Strong logic, problem perception and problem solving skills paired with open-mindedness and a bias for action
- Equivalent experience of 2+ years working in a large technology infrastructure practice
- Equivalent work experience of at least 3+ years of Authentication, Network Security, CISO/Cyber, or Security Architecture experience
- 1+ years of people leadership/experience (direct or matrix)
- Experience with Agile/Kanban methodologies; Cloud & Software-as-a-Service solutions
- Strong communications skills; to communicate efficiently with customers and senior management
- Bachelor degree in Computer Sciences or related field is preferred!
Credit Suisse is an equal opportunity employer. Welcoming diversity gives us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and drives our success. Credit Suisse complies with applicable federal, state, and local laws prohibiting discrimination in employment in every jurisdiction in which it maintains facilities. Subject to applicable law and regulatory requirements, Credit Suisse complies with state and local laws regarding considering for employment qualified individuals with criminal histories.