As a Barclays Digital Solutions Advisor, your mission is to define forward-looking digital strategies to defend our existing businesses. The Digital Strategy Group (DSG) coordinates across businesses and oversees implementation of pan Markets digital strategy initiatives. The DSG is responsible for assessing emerging trends, technologies, potential client and vendor partnerships and building digital products that could transform the way we and our clients do business.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality and innovation behind us. We've helped millions of individuals and businesses thrive, creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted. An important and growing presence in the USA, we offer careers providing endless opportunity.
What will you be doing?
- Engaging with broader Markets business and clients to identify opportunities for bot and app development
- Partnering with technology teams across Markets to design and prioritize the bot and app development effort
- Working with Sales, Trading, Clients and technology to build bots and applications catered to our Clients and workflows.
- Partnering with Data Science and Front Office Development teams to help drive a front to back Digital vision.
- Prioritizing and organizing requirements, plan and set project goals and milestones, own product roadmap, and communicate roadmap updates and release status to key stakeholders.
- Working with Product and technology teams to keep all efforts in the program on track and escalate decisions to executive sponsors as necessary
What we’re looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or computer science or related field
- Experience developing and designing chat bots, including but not limited to Symphony API
- Experience in organizing, researching, and analyzing business and client needs and can bridge the technical and business worlds, ensuring we are building the right products with a combination of vision, market/user/competitor research and usage metrics.
Skills that will help you in the role:
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and independently, while maintaining a high degree of communication and escalation
- Commercial mind-set with excellent client management and executive-level communication skills.
- The ability to build consensus amongst a wide range of partners including business owners, technology, operations, legal & compliance, marketing & sales
- Ability to synthesize information and present it back in a thoughtful and coherent way
Where will you be working?
You will be working at our Americas Headquarters at 745 Seventh Avenue. This 37-story office tower is located in Times Square in the heart of Manhattan and features a cafeteria, fitness center and state-of-the-art LED signage on the facade of the building.