Enterprise Architect Location:
55 Water St. New York, NY Division:
S&P Global Market Intelligence GL
: 14, (relevant for internal use only) Team:
Enterprise Architects focus on technology strategy to deliver on our business objectives. We engage with business lines and shared services teams across S&P Global Market Intelligence on architecture, product design, technology selection, and governance. Impact:
S&P Global Market Intelligence is a world-leading financial services information provider committed to providing our customers with unrivaled insights, data, and technology solutions. What's in it for you? You will collaborate with teams to:
- Create horizontal alignment and build economies of scale.
- Translate business strategy into discrete capabilities and identify gaps.
- Create a vision of our enterprise solutions and development initiatives.
- Develop and maintain an architectural blueprint and evolutionary roadmap.
- Communicate the strategic direction for architecture in support of our business and technology strategy.
- Rationalize systems, products, and information assets to ensure business and technology alignment.
- Maintain a focus on innovation to keep ahead of market trends to create new business value.
- Recommend solutions and/or new technologies based on business value drivers, proven architecture principles, patterns, and return on investment.
What We're Looking For:
- Drive the adoption of thoughtful architecture that ensures that software systems meet all functional, non-functional, technical, and operational requirements and the overall quality of systems e.g. maintainability, security, interoperability, scalability, and performance
- Understand and communicate strategic themes and other key business drivers for architecture to system and solution architects and non-technical stakeholders. Explain how the roadmap maintains and delivers cost effectiveness, business value, and competitiveness.
- Advance the holistic vision of enterprise architecture. Establish overall systems architecture vision and ensure specific components are appropriately designed and leveraged. Define the architecture required to implement large complex cross-functional projects. Create architecture reference documentation and help to enforce standards.
- Influence common modeling, design, and coding practices. Facilitate the reuse of code, components, and proven patterns. Promote continuous delivery and DevOps capabilities.
- 12+ years of experience in architecture/design in relevant technology disciplines. Bachelor's degree or equivalent in a business, financial or technical field.
- Extensive background in financial products, industry trends, regulatory rules in different jurisdictions, and operational practices across a range of asset classes.
- Understanding of the financial services industry economics, business benefits, and commercial realities in delivering solutions from both the supplier and customer perspectives.
- Deep knowledge of networks, databases, storage, management systems, services frameworks, and cloud technologies.
- Major experience with mission-critical systems.
- Has developed innovative technology approaches to solve business problems and is sought out as an expert. Experience evaluating new technologies and authoring white papers.
- Experience with development methodologies like Agile and Kanban.
- Experience delivering presentations to senior and executive leadership.
- Experience as a leader and manager of globally dispersed teams.
- Ability to provide thought leadership and abstract and innovative thinking. Strong interpersonal and influencing skills.
- Display a consistent, positive, can-do professional attitude. Proactive and able to work independently with minimal supervision. Focus on delivery, quality, and timeliness.
- Ability to be open-minded, flexible, and willing to adapt to changing business requirements. Work well under pressure.
- Skill in communicating clearly and concisely in writing and verbally. The ability to understand and express complex concepts is essential.
- Ability to collaborate both internally and more broadly with stakeholders and members of an extended team.
S&P Global states that the anticipated base salary range for this position is $150,500 to $303,500. Base salary ranges may vary by geographic location.
This role is eligible to receive S&P Global benefits. For more information on the benefits we provide to our employees, visit
At S&P Global Market Intelligence, we know that not all information is important-some of it is vital. Accurate, deep, and insightful. We integrate financial and industry data, research, and news into tools that help track performance, generate alpha, identify investment ideas, understand competitive and industry dynamics, perform valuation, and assess credit risk. Investment professionals, government agencies, corporations and universities globally can gain the intelligence essential to making business and financial decisions with conviction.
S&P Global Market Intelligence is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.spglobal.com/marketintelligence.
----------------------------------------------------------- Equal Opportunity Employer
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other status protected by law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person. US Candidates Only:
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.
10 - Officials or Managers (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), IFTECH102 - Senior Management (EEO Job Group), SWP Priority - Ratings - (Strategic Workforce Planning) Job ID:
R26766 Posted On:
New York, New York, United States