Enterprise Data- Pricing Data Product Manager
Bloomberg's Enterprise Data continues to be a market leader and the enterprise data provider of choice for the financial services industry. Our offering includes market leading data, analytics and data delivery via a fully managed platform. Our committed customer base appreciates the quality of our content, completeness of our coverage, data delivery, technology and high touch client service model.
The Bloomberg Pricing Business continues to provide best-in-class pricing data across all facets of the financial markets. While our content is relatively mature, we continue to invest in opportunities and areas where our clients look to us to evolve given the ever-changing environment. Speed, coverage, confidence, and consistency of data is key to our continued success. With a rich library of over 3,000 pricing fields, we have the ability to address all of our client's challenges across multiple asset classes.
Our team is responsible for identifying, creating and designing Enterprise Data solutions leveraging Bloomberg's proprietary analytics, industry-leading data and partnerships across the globe. What's the Role?
The business is looking for a highly focused Product Manager to join the Enterprise Data Pricing team.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone with a strong understanding of enterprise data and the shifting demands of our buy/sell side clients. A successful candidate will be responsible for enhancing and expanding our Pricing product offerings and understanding our client workflow with a view to increasing client adoption and data usage. A successful candidate will be a self-starter who can confidently establish connections and engage with our client base. We'll trust you to:
You'll need to have:
- Perform market research and competitive analysis, as well as analyze technology trends to identify new business opportunities and contribute to the group's overall business plan and strategy
- Perform client use case analysis with a focus on creating actionable items and datasets for development that are aligned with our client needs that help to drive increased usage
- Collaborate with multiple stakeholders to define and scope product requirements and functional specifications that reflect input from multiple parties
- Coordinate project execution and make feature/schedule/cost tradeoffs near completion by capturing early customer feedback
- Deliver new product information and product updates to stakeholders (e.g. sales, marketing, engineering, support functions and clients)
- Maintain regular contact with industry participants, clients, auditors, regulators, etc. and present at client seminars, industry conferences and other events
If this sounds like you:
- A strong understanding of pricing products preferably in broad range of asset classes
- Knowledge of how the market and pricing data is used by both buy and sell side market participants across trade life-cycle, trader workflow, risk management, investment analysis, research and IPV functions.
- A strong ability to utilize trend analysis as it pertains to financial institution's consumption of pricing data and present actionable themes and recommendations
- Basic proficiency in Python, R2, Splunk, SQL or other programming languages typically used in data science
- Expert level understanding of big data analysis in excel
- Self-motivation; you're driven by innovation and idea sharing
- The ability to work as part of a team
- Analytical skills = you're a problem solver with an ability to deconstruct client problems with a data driven approach when making a business case for resources, product development and enhancement and getting management buy-in
- The capability of fostering relationships with new and existing clients as well building an internal network that fosters collaboration and build on a strong culture of team work.
- Bachelor's degree in statistics, mathematics, economics, business management, or other related field
We'd like to see:
- A minimum of 3 years' experience as a Product Manager
- CFA, MBA or equivalent preferred
Apply if you think we're a good match and we'll get in touch with you to let you know next steps. In the meantime, check out http://www.bloomberg.com/professional .
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.