Quantitative Engineer - EQ Prime Services Desk Strats
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB Global Markets
Our core value is building strong relationships with our institutional clients, which include corporations, financial service providers, and fund managers. We help them buy and sell financial products on exchanges around the world, raise funding, and manage risk. This is a dynamic, entrepreneurial team with a passion for the markets, with individuals who thrive in fast-paced, changing environments and are energized by a bustling trading floor. Role Teaser, Division Description, Team Description
Our global team is a fundamental part of the Prime Brokerage and Clearing Services groups under the Prime Services umbrella within the Global Markets Division. We drive major business decisions and run business critical systems in Client Analytics area.
In this engineering and entrepreneurial role, we build and maintain first principles PnL models, balances, market analysis, sales tools for projections and tracking and large scale web-based applications that help in improving business decisions of the division. RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS You will:
- Serve as a key member of the New York Prime Services Dev Strats team, responsible for building end-to-end systems for Client Analytics that uses first principles PnL models across all product lines.
- Responsibilities include requirements analysis, coding, testing and maintenance of financial analytics applications. Own and manage deliverables and be responsible for all phases of development cycle including post production support for the business users.
- Build best in class web applications for delivering high quality client and aggregate analytics. Contribute in the uplift and maintenance of existing applications to serve the business with up-to-date revenue streams and optimizations. Perform what-if analyses and test different ways of visualizing data to determine the appropriate metrics for distribution to users.
- Work on strategic Market Color platform that provides trending data and visualization around client positions and flows. Understand business flows and build critical reports that explain aggregate market movements across products and sectors for senior management and key clients. Integrate with the firm's strategic data services offering 'Marquee'.
- Develop new data strategies and platform to enable storage and retrieval of large datasets which will facilitate development of new analytics applications. Build scalable data pipelines using cutting edge data technologies for existing and new datasets and integrate with core flows
- Implement new or enhance existing models/tools to help identify new business opportunities, provide market insights, and streamline the workflow of our sales functions. Serve as a key point of contact for business users, understand their requirements and resolve urgent queries.
- Strong engineering and analytical skills.
- Strong academic background in Computer Science / Engineering / Physics / Mathematics.
- Web development experience using AngularJS or similar JS frameworks
- Strong knowledge of data structures, algorithms and design patterns
- Strong knowledge in database/data warehousing technologies such as ASE/Oracle/IQ
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work as part of a global team and deliver strategic results in a timely fashion
- Comfortable working on multiple projects, demonstrating initiative and showing commercial impact
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
- 5 years or more of programming experience
- Experience in load testing and performance optimizations is a plus
- High performance & throughput server side programming is a plus
- Knowledge of statistical analysis is a plus
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity