Senior Digital Product Designer
The Senior Digital Product Designer is a strategic professional who stays abreast of developments within own field and contributes to directional strategy by considering their application in own job and the business. Recognized technical authority for an area within the business. Requires basic commercial awareness. There are typically multiple people within the business that provide the same level of subject matter expertise. Developed communication and diplomacy skills are required in order to guide, influence and convince others, in particular colleagues in other areas and occasional external customers. Significant impact on the area through complex deliverables. Provides advice and counsel related to the technology or operations of the business. Work impacts an entire area, which eventually affects the overall performance and effectiveness of the sub-function/job family. Responsibilities:
- Invent and inspire customer experiences and user flows that are consistent, easy, and bold by design
- Partner with strategists, project managers, and other team members to develop effective end-to-end customer experiences across all channels
- Utilize a deep understanding of the Citi product offering, the market in which Citi operates, and the target customers
- Review and Interpret creative briefs alongside members of your experience design team
- Understand customer goals, business requirements, technical constraints, and be able to work within project parameters
- Embrace and apply Design Thinking principles with agile methods
- Develop content strategies through content inventories, current-state analysis, site audits, competitive assessments, user testing, and website metrics
- Simplify the customer experience through succinct, thoughtful and personalized messaging
- Be the voice of the customer and a champion for world-class brand experiences
- Confidently present project objectives, insights, and creative solutions persuasively to internal stakeholders
- Skilled at presenting objectives, design approaches, and creative solutions to stakeholders in an articulate and persuasive manner
- Interpret stakeholder feedback and communicate feedback to the design team
- Stay abreast of industry trends and best practices in order to facilitate discussions and guide the decision making process to meet project objectives
- Demonstrate thought leadership through participation at industry conferences
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
- 8+ years of experience as an Experience Architect or related field
- Proven leadership and management skills with multiple direct reports across multiple projects
- Ability to cut through ambiguity and desire to organize it
- Knowledge of best practices for web and mobile information architecture, usability principles and techniques.
- Experience presenting work to clients and stakeholders
- Experience working in Agile Methodologies and Design Thinking
- A portfolio of work is strongly preferred, demonstrating the depth and breadth of your experience.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- You are open, honest and direct in your approach to giving feedback and managing teams.
- Bachelor's/University degree, Master's degree preferred
This job description provides a high-level review of the types of work performed. Other job-related duties may be assigned as required. Job Family Group:
Product Management and Development Job Family:
Digital Product Management Time Type:
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi
View the " EEO is the Law
" poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement
View the EEO Policy Statement
View the Pay Transparency Posting