Senior Manager - Ratings Finance
Senior Manager - Ratings Finance
We are looking for a candidate that will help drive the S&P Global Ratings' financial planning and management reporting processes, and support senior management with analysis and insight into financial performance. This role encompasses a broad range of responsibilities ranging from financial to operational. The ideal candidate is adept at combining data analytic tools and techniques with business expertise to identify the key drivers of performance. This role will provide business partnering to key leaders of Ratings support functions. This individual will also play an important role in the mentoring and training junior team members. Key Roles & Responsibilities
Functional and Business Knowledge
- Drive Reporting and Process Automation within Ratings Finance
- Assist with consolidation of the monthly reporting and forecasting process for S&P Global Ratings
- Manage expense-related finance functions including monthly reporting, financial plan development and oversight
- Partner with the heads of various business areas across several dimensions to assist with alignment of metrics and targets for key functional areas and to align department spend with overall company expense management
- Drive implementation, design, and maintenance of Anaplan financial planning tool in conjunction with the Corporate FP&A group.
- Strong understanding of financial planning and analysis as well as business partnering and expense management.
- The incumbent should have good time management skills and the ability to prioritize responsibilities since many projects are time-critical with short lead-time for completion; independent problem-solving and decision-making skills are necessary.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Excel; Proficiency/knowledge in PowerPoint, QlikView, TM1, Anaplan, Alteryx, and Tableau or other database tools a plus.
S&P Global Ratings
- Bachelor Degree and 5-8 years of work experience in Financial Analysis, Operations, and/or Accounting in a large, complex organization.
- Experienced in financial planning and analysis, accounting, and business partnering
- Experience bridging the different viewpoints of project stakeholders and senior level executives regarding project business impacts
- Experienced in dashboard design and focused, thoughtful visual display of quantitative information
- Experienced in managing large and complex data sets using Alteryx and other machine learning tools
- Proficiency/knowledge in PowerPoint, QlikView, TM1, Anaplan, Alteryx, and Tableau or other database tools a plus.
S&P Global Ratings is the world's leading provider of independent credit ratings. Our ratings are essential to driving growth, providing transparency and helping educate market participants so they can make decisions with confidence. We have more than 1 million credit ratings outstanding on government, corporate, financial sector and structured finance entities and securities. We offer an independent view of the market built on a unique combination of broad perspective and local insight. We provide our opinions and research about relative credit risk; market participants gain independent information to help support the growth of transparent, liquid debt markets worldwide. S&P Global Ratings is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.spglobal.com/ratings EEO Statement North America
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment. If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person. The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdfdescribes discrimination protections under federal law. Non-North America
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or other legally protected categories, subject to applicable law
10 - Officials or Managers (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), FINANC103.2 - Middle Management Tier II (EEO Job Group) Job ID:
257416 Posted On:
New York, New York, United States