Senior Software Engineer - Commodities
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
Global Markets division plays a key role in the firm's ability to help institutional clients, which include corporations, financial service providers, and fund managers, buy and sell financial instruments on liquidity venues around the world, an important revenue driver for the firm. We help clients buy and sell financial products on exchanges around the world, raise funding, and manage risk. This is a dynamic, entrepreneurial team with a passion for the markets, with individuals who thrive in fast-paced, changing environments and are energized by a bustling trading floor. WHAT WE DO
In Global Markets Division Technology, we use both open source industry standard and internal proprietary technologies to build cutting edge platforms for pricing, execution, data analytics and control over each of these millions of transactions. Our team of engineers builds industry leading solutions to the most complex business problems. We develop cutting-edge systems and processes that form the core of our key businesses. We provide real-time access to critical deal information and crunch millions of data points each day to inform firm-wide market insights and strategies. WHAT WE LOOK FOR
We are seeking a dynamic, entrepreneurial developer to join the New York Commodities technology team and play a key role in leading a range of development projects. The Commodities business is extremely focused on digitization, so this role provides many challenging and rewarding opportunities for the successful candidate. The candidate will partner with engineers, traders and salespeople to work on brand new projects, with the latest full stack web technologies, Java, Python and GS Proprietary technology (Slang / SecDB). The candidate will directly experience the impact of their work as they see the Commodities business use their systems on a daily basis.
The ideal candidate would have experience and interest in leading execution of projects to build enterprise systems that are highly reliable and require low maintenance. The opportunity will appeal to motivated individuals who want to work directly with the trading desks and leverage as well as develop strong technical skills while learning about the trading business. HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
- Liaise with Traders, Salespeople and engineers to determine development requirements and lead project execution to deliver solutions to complex business problems
- Fantastic opportunity to learn about the Commodities trading business, while developing engineering solutions to solve business problems.
- Strong analytical and programming skills in any language
- 5+ years of experience with programming in any language
- Ability to quickly learn new languages and technologies
- Strong object oriented analysis and design skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including experience speaking to global engineering and business audience
- Comfort with multi-tasking, managing multiple stakeholders and working as a part of a global team
- Ability to apply an entrepreneurial approach and passion to problem solving, product development and support
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
- Knowledge of trading technologies in the front-office of a trading organization
- Background in finance (preferred but not mandatory)
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity