Strat Engineer - Marquee
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
The Marquee team at Goldman Sachs is responsible for delivering digital products to our institutional client base. We design and build highly scalable web platforms that provide access to Goldman Sachs content, portfolio analytics, risk, and execution services. These tools help to transform and simplify client experiences while generating new revenue streams and business models for a leader in global financial markets. Marquee is a product driven team, composed of talented and passionate product managers, designers, and engineers working to change the expectation of institutional finance.
As a strategist within Marquee, you will be expected to deliver Goldman Sachs' research, data and pricing to customers, using Marquee's APIs and web-delivered applications. Determining client requirements will require interaction with customers of Goldman Sachs, in addition to traders, sales people and fellow strategists across all lines of business. Delivering best-in-class solutions will necessitate leveraging your strengths in software engineering and knowledge of valuation and risk management, across all asset classes.
You will work in a diverse, energetic team of talented and experienced individuals, drawn from a mixture of financial and technological backgrounds. In addition to implementing solutions to client requirements, you will be a part of identifying new business opportunities and sources of revenue for Marquee products. RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS Basic Knowledge
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, Electrical Engineering or related technical discipline.
- 2+ years in a financial engineering position.
- Evidence of ability to work both individually and as part of a team
- Strong knowledge of data structures, algorithms, and designing for performance.
- Can demonstrate familiarity with mathematics used in finance, such as linear algebra and probability.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Comfortable multi-tasking, managing multiple stakeholders and working as part of a global team.
- Can apply an entrepreneurial approach and passion to problem solving and product development
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
- Mathematical finance
- Is able to show proficiency in pricing and risk methodologies for the financial products of at least one line of business.
- 2+ years in a trading desk role
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity