Seasonal Tax Expert Lead
Join our mission
Intuit is a mission-driven, global financial platform company that gives everyone the opportunity to prosper. With products like TurboTax, QuickBooks and Mint, we're using technology to build solutions to challenging financial problems for millions of people around the world. Overview
If you're highly motivated individual with active credentials (CPA/EA/Practicing Attorney) and excellent communication skills, we need your help in leading a team of agents. Our agents will be helping customers navigate through the TurboTax experience and assist with technology. We need a leader that the agents can turn to for assistance and growth. You'll advance our goal of "doing the nation's taxes" by providing product guidance and support to our agents as they navigate, research and assist customers through the TurboTax experience. You'll also play an important role in our effort to enhance our brand by creating Turbo Tax "net promoters." What you'll bring
KNOWLEDGE / BACKGROUND EXPERIENCE:
How you will lead
- Must possess active credential:
- EA (Enrolled Agent) or
- CPA (Certified Public Accountant) or
- Practicing Attorney with strong tax preparation experience
- 3 or more years of recent experience preparing federal and state individual 1040 tax returns for clients/customers, using commercial tax preparation software
- 2+ year's leadership experience
- Completed at least a full season in FY20 as a Tax Expert agent
- Extensive knowledge of tax laws
- In-depth understanding of tax concepts and processes
- Experience using major tax preparation software; experience with electronic filing
- Experience preparing federal and state returns either individual (1040) required and business (1120, 1120S, 1065, 1041) a plus
- Experience providing support in a technical PC environment a plus
A Tax Expert Lead is responsible for providing live support for our Tax Expert agents.
• Accurate Tax Advice to Seasonal Agents during tax season.
• Assist Managers with team responsibilities.
• Accurate Help Desk answers to agent inquiries.
• Accurate time tracking for hours spent in each functional area.
• Monitor agents to ensure compliance with IRS and other agency requirements regarding Tax Advice or Audit Support.
• Flexibility to work overtime hours when required during tax season.
• Work under pressure of meeting team productivity goals. Successful candidates must be willing to flex to meet team goals.
TEAM / LEADERSHIP SKILLS:
• Demonstrates a sincere desire for a quality agent experience/quality customer experience and understands the impact of "Net Promoters" and "Quality of Service"
• Flexible team player attitude
• Promotes/fosters a positive work environment
• Maintains positive working relationships
• Positive, flexible approach to change
• Collaborative approach to problem solving
• Understands individual impact on team's success
• Able to research, analyze and determine an appropriate course of action in a variety of situations
• Able to research IRS and state publications, regulations, and GAAP publications
• Excellent numerical, abstract and verbal reasoning skills
• Solves moderately complex problems exercising good judgment