Tax, Tax Counsel, Tax Planning & Advisory, Vice President - Dallas
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
FINANCE | TAX
We're a team of specialists charged with managing the firm's worldwide taxes. We are responsible for tax compliance, financial reporting of taxes, tax planning, business advisory and management of taxing authority examinations. Our work contributes directly to the firm's success, and the division is ideal for creative and collaborative individuals who have strong ethics and attention to detail. RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
Tax Department Overview:
The primary mission of Tax is to ensure the firm's compliance with the tax laws of those countries (and local jurisdictions) in which the firm conducts business and to assist its businesses in managing tax risk. Key Tax functions include:
- Providing tax information for the firm's financial statements;
- Preparing/supervising the preparation of U.S. federal, state, local and non-U.S. tax returns for the firm;
- Advising the firm's professionals on the tax implications related to the firm's businesses and/or transactions undertaken by or for the firm, including investment funds managed by the firm.
Tax Planning & Advisory Overview:
We advise the firm's professionals on the tax implications of transactions and of new products in development for the firm and its Clients; tax planning for the firm; legal interpretations and support for implementation of new broad based tax and regulatory rules; and tax compliance work for the firm's business entities.
- Work with business teams to review tax aspects of private equity fund, hedge fund, RIC, formation, restructuring, and investments, and separate account mandates;
- Manage tax-related inquiries from a variety of the firm's businesses across established and emerging markets;
- Coordinate and effectively communicate with outside tax counsel, accounting firms, and internal stakeholders to ensure appropriate tax planning, risk controls, and compliance;
- Negotiate tax-related provisions in side letters and other documentation with counterparties/clients/fund investors;
- Act as a risk manager through ongoing awareness of the tax regulatory environment and the firm's adherence to its tax compliance obligations.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a highly visible and growing global organization operating in a dynamic environment. Consequently, this role requires an energetic, enthusiastic and driven professional.
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
- Juris Doctorate
- At least 3 years of relevant tax experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Self-motivated team player
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity