Sr. Power Fundamental Analyst, Houston, $Excellent, Global Firm
- Bonus USD
- Houston, TX, USA Houston TX US
- Permanent, Full time
- Newington International
- 03 May 18 2018-05-03
My client is a global leader in the power trading space actively trading within the power market.
This position is a power fundamental analyst role working directly with traders providing fundamental insight on price volatility in the short, medium, and long term. The ideal candidate will have experience performing forward market price analysis in the short and long term with advanced quantitative and modelling experience.
Candidates must have:
- Master's/PhD degree in electrical engineering, power systems, or similar
- Proficient understanding of power generation and dispatch in PJM and ERCOT power markets
- At least 3 years' working experience within power and natural gas markets
- PowerWorld, MATLAB, SQL and VBA required
- PSS/E, UPLAN, AURORAxmp or PowerWorld
- Modelling/quantitative application
- Team Player with ability to work independently
You will have the reward of working directly with traders as a power fundamental analyst influencing the trading strategy at a large commercial power trading desk. Apply now or contact Austin at Newington International for more information.
To find out more about Newington International please visit www.newingtoninternational.com